Can't decide which university to choose to study adult nursing in scotland Watch

Luckydude123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm irish and i've applied to study adult nursing in scotland, having choosen 4 scottish universities:
Stirling (Done MMI Interview last week)
QMU (Done Interview last week)
GCU (Interview scheduled next month)
Edinburgh Napier (Rejected)

and my final choice was Bucks new university (Unconditional Offer) as a backup if above fails.

So i'm wondering which is the best place to study in relation to living costs as this is a major factor when deciding which university for me as well as the type of people in the area whether friendly, easygoing etc.

I know that course is much more important than the above but it does play a role when i'm making a decision, so i would appreciate all information as i have very little knowledge about living in Scotland especially since i'm Irish!
Optimistic_Panda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I can’t comment QMU but I’d say otherwise Stirling is the cheapest rent wise.
I applied for Stirling, RGU and Dundee and ended up in RGU. Stirling was the cheapest by far. I’m looking to move to Edinburgh or Glasgow when I qualify and I must admit the rent was a fair higher than I thought and seems to be more than Aberdeen now which is known for high living costs. A lot of us work on top of uni to cover rent and cost of living so it’s very important. I’d also look at placement locations, only since starting uni have I realised somewhere that’s accessed by public transport at weird hours is so important. We can be placed in the countryside or islands which is a hassle and costly!!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Luckydude123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Thanks very much for the reply,
I can safely agree now that Stirling is cheapest for rent and living costs, however social life doesn't seem to best the best going by people's reviews here and in terms of finding employment i'm quite unsure how difficult it is to gain a job specifically as a carer.
I can imagine RGU & Dundee has a much more exciting and vibrant social life than in isolated Stirling?
JDaly90
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
QMU is based out in Musselburgh right next to the train station. Musselburgh tends to be cheaper than living in Edinburgh itself and has good connections via bus and train links. The train only takes about 8 minutes and the bus is about 45 minutes. I would say Stirling would be the cheapest. Both QMU and Stirling make up my five choices but I would choose QMU over Stirling course wise and their clinical skills suite is so much better! Stirling’s is on the lower levels and didn’t have any windows, QMUs is up on their 2nd floor (or 3rd, can’t remember) and is well lit with windows and is laid out better.
JDaly90
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Angela77)
Have you chosen an University to study?
😩😩 you’ve been interviewed for QMU already?? I’m still waiting to hear from them! 😩
aliciaclark
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
how was your MMI with Stirling? xx
aliciaclark
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've had my MMI with Stirling. anyone heard anything back following interview
JDaly90
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had my MMI back in January and still haven't heard anything! But my friend who interviewed in January has been offered a place already! So I have no idea, I am still also waiting to hear from QMU if I will be interviewed or not!
aliciaclark
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They told me people would hear back by March 3st so will keep fingers crossed for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads