The Student Room Group

Lost my USB stick

Had my AS stuff in it. I feel like my life is over.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAlchemistress

When did you last have it? Retrace your steps and hope someone has been honest and handed it in.
[video="youtube;qXuH1GIPaSs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXuH1GIPaSs[/video]
Damn, hopefully some kindhearted person hands it into the police station or they look at it and see that it's school work and hand it in to your school if it has anything to identify which school.
I feel bad for you ☹️ Like the above poster said, try retracing your steps as that usually helps trigger something for example if you put it somewhere and if it doesn’t, you’ll be able to rule out which places it won’t be. Haven’t you got a back up USB or other notes :s Hope you find it 🧡
I was really smart with my USB.

I made a word document on it titled "This USB belongs to..." and then included all my contact details in the document. Hence, if it were to ever get lost the finder can just contact me.

So a time came when I lost it... and regardless never found it again.
thats terrible, hope you find it x
maybe you should start using onedrive or googledrive???
This is why everyone should back up their work unfortunately :/
Original post by Muttley79
When did you last have it? Retrace your steps and hope someone has been honest and handed it in.

Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Damn, hopefully some kindhearted person hands it into the police station or they look at it and see that it's school work and hand it in to your school if it has anything to identify which school.

Original post by TheEnchantress
I feel bad for you ☹️ Like the above poster said, try retracing your steps as that usually helps trigger something for example if you put it somewhere and if it doesn’t, you’ll be able to rule out which places it won’t be. Haven’t you got a back up USB or other notes :s Hope you find it 🧡

Original post by johnny.snow
I was really smart with my USB.

I made a word document on it titled "This USB belongs to..." and then included all my contact details in the document. Hence, if it were to ever get lost the finder can just contact me.

So a time came when I lost it... and regardless never found it again.

Original post by YouAreAYute
thats terrible, hope you find it x
maybe you should start using onedrive or googledrive???

I had geography yesteday, and when I checked my pencil case it was there. But because it was in the first compartment I didn't open it because I didn't find it necessary since I wouldn't be needing it. Then I had break, so I didn't use my pencil case. I had art but used the second compartment. I then had, a free and done work and only used the second compartment. Then English, but I used the second compartment because it has my pens and everything. I emptied it out today, and checked the bin 3 times it isn't there. So I don't know where it could be?
Reply 9

Hope you find it soon. Try retracing your steps, seeing if it's in lost property anywhere, posting of FB or whatever asking if people have seen it etc. I found my lost necklace despite having no clue where I lost it cos somebody had handed it in. Hopefully a kind person for your USB too.
In the future you might like to look into getting one you can put on your keys. Never lost mine since putting it on my keys. You could clip it to a bag or whatever too.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Kindred
Hope you find it soon. Try retracing your steps, seeing if it's in lost property anywhere, posting of FB or whatever asking if people have seen it etc. I found my lost necklace despite having no clue where I lost it cos somebody had handed it in. Hopefully a kind person for your USB too.
In the future you might like to look into getting one you can put on your keys. Never lost mine since putting it on my keys. You could clip it to a bag or whatever too.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you, but I don't think I dropped it because it would have landed inside my bag, and I checked twice and it is not there. I am currently panicking because I had HW on that and important things.
I had geography yesteday, and when I checked my pencil case it was there. But because it was in the first compartment I didn't open it because I didn't find it necessary since I wouldn't be needing it. Then I had break, so I didn't use my pencil case. I had art but used the second compartment. I then had, a free and done work and only used the second compartment. Then English, but I used the second compartment because it has my pens and everything. I emptied it out today, and checked the bin 3 times it isn't there. So I don't know where it could be?

Are you sure it was in there when you checked 💞 If you are maybe try emailing your Geography teacher if she seen one even though you didn’t use it in Geography it’s better to know for certain xx Try looking at home or in your bag as it may have fell out 💎💓
Thank you, but I don't think I dropped it because it would have landed inside my bag, and I checked twice and it is not there. I am currently panicking because I had HW on that and important things.

Could you have left it in a computer?
Original post by TheEnchantress
Are you sure it was in there when you checked 💞 If you are maybe try emailing your Geography teacher if she seen one even though you didn’t use it in Geography it’s better to know for certain xx Try looking at home or in your bag as it may have fell out 💎💓

I should ask him, in case.
Original post by Kindred
Could you have left it in a computer?

I didn't use any computers yesterday at all, and didn't even touch it.
It was my name, email, form/class, and maybe my mobile.

If I were to lose it anywhere it would most likely be in sixth form (which was what happened in the end). So I took my chances that a genius fraudster wouldn't find my USB.
I didn't use any computers yesterday at all, and didn't even touch it.

So sounds like it was probably at school you lost it right? Probably in lost property or laying around somewhere. Don't worry too much.
Original post by Kindred
So sounds like it was probably at school you lost it right? Probably in lost property or laying around somewhere. Don't worry too much.

I couldn't have lost it though if I didn't touch it, and it would have fallen inside my bag but it didn't. I checked my bag twice and the bin 3 times.
Oh yeah - also had my NI number, passport number, 16 digit debit card number (excluding the 3 digit security number on the back - i mean im not stupid lol)
I couldn't have lost it though if I didn't touch it, and it would have fallen inside my bag but it didn't. I checked my bag twice and the bin 3 times.

Well it seems you did somehow. Maybe your pencil case was a little bit unzipped and it feel out or something. I swear sometimes things just teleport out of where they're meant to be.
Whatever the case I'm sure it will show up and even if it doesn't you can just talk honestly with your teachers about it. You did the work which is what matters. Even if you can't find it I'm sure they'll work something out with you.

Quick Reply

Latest