The Student Room Group

What Alevels should I choose for becoming a vet?

I would really love to become a vet but I can't decide on my level options. I know that I will be choosing Chemistry and Biology but I can't decide between Spanish and maths. I know that I would probably prefer to do Spanish however I was wondering whether by doing only the 2 stem subjects instead of 3 would lower my chances of getting into one of the university's to do veterinary?
Reply 1
Original post by Lucy1224
I would really love to become a vet but I can't decide on my level options. I know that I will be choosing Chemistry and Biology but I can't decide between Spanish and maths. I know that I would probably prefer to do Spanish however I was wondering whether by doing only the 2 stem subjects instead of 3 would lower my chances of getting into one of the university's to do veterinary?

Definitely go for spanish as you are more likely going to get a better grade. And no it won't lower your chances
Reply 2
Spanish if you’re thinking of working abroad (plus language qualifications always look good) but if you’re up for it then maths as it’s challenging so I assume it’ll look better
Bio and chem are the only required subjects. I applied for medicine and I remember being torn between Spanish and maths too. I picked maths due to thinking it’d higher my chances of getting in, but to my surprise I saw people without maths getting into medschool. I don’t even like maths so I wish I picked Spanish instead. Definitely pick which one you think you’re more likely to get an A* in.

Quick Reply

Latest