The Student Room Group

Can you apply for student finance if you've applied for student loan outside UK?

Hi,

I'm an EU student studying part-time.

According to the rules on the website, you can only apply for loan from Student Finance England (SFE) if you have not applied for student loan anywhere else. Since SFE only offer the tuition fee for part-time EU students and not the living cost, I am almost certain that I have to apply for student loan from CSN, a Swedish student loan company, which offers to lend loans to students studying abroad. The tuition fee, however, cannot fully be covered by CSN.

My question is if you applied for living cost from a student loan company outside of the UK such as CSN are you eligible to apply for tuition fee from SFE?

Regards,
Andrea
Original post by trangitt
Hi,

I'm an EU student studying part-time.

According to the rules on the website, you can only apply for loan from Student Finance England (SFE) if you have not applied for student loan anywhere else. Since SFE only offer the tuition fee for part-time EU students and not the living cost, I am almost certain that I have to apply for student loan from CSN, a Swedish student loan company, which offers to lend loans to students studying abroad. The tuition fee, however, cannot fully be covered by CSN.

My question is if you applied for living cost from a student loan company outside of the UK such as CSN are you eligible to apply for tuition fee from SFE?

Regards,
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

As an EU student you will still be able to apply for a Tuition Fee only from Student Finance.

Part-time applications for academic year 2018/19 are not available currently, as yet we do not have a confirmed date.

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I would like to apply for the academic year 2017-2018. As it is already April, can I still apply?

Many thanks,
Andrea
Original post by trangitt
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I would like to apply for the academic year 2017-2018. As it is already April, can I still apply?

Many thanks,
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

You have nine months from the start of the academic year to make an application for support. when did your course start?

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Andrea,

You have nine months from the start of the academic year to make an application for support. when did your course start?

Thanks Rona

Hi,

My course started on 25 September 2017. As it is now June 2018, can you still apply for the tuition fee?

Many thanks
Andrea

Quick Reply

Latest