The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology 2017-18

Scroll to see replies

hey I only put the first two because that was at the end of the 1st paragraph I think.. idk if im right tho .. see for the last MS question for what other things they could consider , what did everyone put ? I said climate >>>
Original post by Ali$hah
hey I only put the first two because that was at the end of the 1st paragraph I think.. idk if im right tho .. see for the last MS question for what other things they could consider , what did everyone put ? I said climate >>>

Ah yeah you might be right. For that one I said something along the lines of the amount of exposure to UV radiation people had but I’m not sure if that’s rifht
I loved bio and now SQA's ruined it for me ..
Original post by sbneelu
Omg okay thank you so much!

Also I’m sorry to keep asking stuff but for the factors mentioned in part a (I think) of the MS question, I said genetic factors, environment factors and low coffee consumption or something along the lines of that, do you think that sounds right?

I’m so sorry haha, I’m just kind of worried about the MS one.

Part a was genetic or/and environmental, and she didn't answer the last one (which I found confusing as well, I said the patients involved could naturally have lower risks of M.S? But I don't think thats right either lol)
whatd yall do for the entire agar plate Q
Original post by Ali$hah

I can't really remember what i put but i do remember that i had no idea what to do for the last part of the question
Original post by Ali$hah

For factors to change or something like that - Volume / Concentration / Temperature (any 2 of these)
For pH for optimum, pHs around 1.5
Can't remember any other questions in that bit
Original post by abigail-ww
for factors to change or something like that - volume / concentration / temperature (any 2 of these)
for ph for optimum, phs around 1.5
can't remember any other questions in that bit

omg really?! Coz i put concentration of pepsin solution and temperature of solution
for ph i did 1.4 1.5 and 1.6
Original post by Ali$hah
omg really?! Coz i put concentration of pepsin solution and temperature of solution
for ph i did 1.4 1.5 and 1.6

i put Ph 1.25, 1.5 and 1.75 and i don’t even know if that exists
Original post by abigail-ww
Part a was genetic or/and environmental, and she didn't answer the last one (which I found confusing as well, I said the patients involved could naturally have lower risks of M.S? But I don't think thats right either lol)

Ah thanks!
Just now realising I have made some really stupid mistakes :s-smilie:
Reply 91
Can someone post the multiple choice questions
Reply 92
Guys, see for the multiple choice questions, I put a cross in the circle instead of shading it in - will I get penalised for that...?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Dzyuba
Guys, see for the multiple choice questions, I put a cross in the circle instead of shading it in - will I get penalised for that...?

Did you do this for every question, or just one of them?
Reply 94
For all of them
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Dzyuba

Yes, as a cross means that you don’t want that answer and if you put a cross in it SQA will think you don’t want that answer.
Reply 96
Original post by Sb1929
Yes, as a cross means that you don’t want that answer and if you put a cross in it SQA will think you don’t want that answer.

I guess but for 2 of them I scribbled the bubble because I realised I got them wrong and put in a cross in a different bubble - and just to be safe I wrote the letter of the bubble Input the cross at the end of the row. So maybe that will help them realise that I that's my answer?

I've sent the SQA and enquiry form on this issue, and hopefully they'll reply
If you have done the multiple choice wrong try not to worry but there are instructions in the front page, I circled some wrong answers and the sheet said to cross them and circle your correct answer
Anyone have any links to answers?? 😀
Original post by Dzyuba
For all of them

I'm not sure whether the SQA use a machine to read that part of the exam or not...If it's a person, they will probably be able to see what you've done, even though it isn't what they expect based on the instructions...It would be worth speaking to whichever member of staff at your school is the SQA coordinator about this.

Quick Reply

Latest