The Student Room Group

racism/islamaphobia in sheffield

Hi.
I am a muslim living in west yorkshire now let me tell you i'm not very religious i don't pray or wear a scarf or wear islamic garb i'm very western now i am worried about racism/islamaphobia issues now here we don't get much racism or islamaphobia but i am moving on to uni in a little while and i am worried about racism/islamaphobia in sheffield
is there anything to be worried about
Moved to North of England Unis
Original post by mintal2
Hi.
I am a muslim living in west yorkshire now let me tell you i'm not very religious i don't pray or wear a scarf or wear islamic garb i'm very western now i am worried about racism/islamaphobia issues now here we don't get much racism or islamaphobia but i am moving on to uni in a little while and i am worried about racism/islamaphobia in sheffield
is there anything to be worried about

heyy!!!
im a muslim too n I have to put up with racism wherever I go n I'm used to it despite the fact I'm only 16 this month. it happens everywhere, don't worry about it.
bc us ppl will have to face racism and islamaphobia where ever u go
I even had to face it in my own school with my own teachers: they thought I was gonna b a terrorist or whatever
I was soo offended n now I am desperate to leave
hope this helps
areena
xxx
Reply 3
If you're not wearing a headscarf or any other religious garment, how can people deduce you're a Muslim at first sight?
Hey! lived in sheffield all my life, i’m a muslim and most my friends are, sheffield is one of the only places up north thats fine about that stuff !!

there are obviously still pockets of phobic people, but sheffield is pretty much full with people like me and you, you wont have a problem probably apart from some chavs in the nasty parts of the city centre

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending