The Student Room Group

Advice on phone bill as student

I’ve taken a year out, I’ve just turned 19 and I start uni in semptember. I work hard balancing two jobs back to back so treated myself to an iPhone 8, it costs £50 a month which I know is ridiculous but I can afford it the moment. When I signed up for it I didn’t think about uni where I won’t have a job and will be living on very little, has anyone else had this problem? It’s a 24 month contract and I’m terrified of either getting into debt or having literally nothing to live on
Original post by Peggysawyer
I’ve taken a year out, I’ve just turned 19 and I start uni in semptember. I work hard balancing two jobs back to back so treated myself to an iPhone 8, it costs £50 a month which I know is ridiculous but I can afford it the moment. When I signed up for it I didn’t think about uni where I won’t have a job and will be living on very little, has anyone else had this problem? It’s a 24 month contract and I’m terrified of either getting into debt or having literally nothing to live on

if you're concerned why not pay as much off towards the contract before starting uni? it ll all depend on your income at university whether you could afford it or not but save as much as you can before you go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending