The Student Room Group

ib chemistry stoichiometry question

I have had a go at this question but think my answer is wrong- would be grateful if anyone could answer it:

Calculate the amount of sulfuric acid, H2SO4, which contains 6.02 × 10^23 atoms of oxygen.
"amount" is a bit vague, you need 1/4 a mol of H2SO4 but id imagine the rest of the q mentions concentration/volume
Original post by molly_123c
I have had a go at this question but think my answer is wrong- would be grateful if anyone could answer it:

Calculate the amount of sulfuric acid, H2SO4, which contains 6.02 × 10^23 atoms of oxygen.

You should put your working so far, so the study helpers can see what you've done and advise you on whether you've made a mistake or where to go next.

They won't do your homework for you.
Reply 3
Original post by adsuudixfra
"amount" is a bit vague, you need 1/4 a mol of H2SO4 but id imagine the rest of the q mentions concentration/volume

thank you - this is such a late reply (I totally forgot about posting this haha) but I figured it out :smile: thanks for your help
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
You should put your working so far, so the study helpers can see what you've done and advise you on whether you've made a mistake or where to go next.

They won't do your homework for you.

I actually worked it out myself.

((6.02 x 10^23) / 4 ) / (6.02 x 10^23) = 0.25 mol H2SO4
Original post by adsuudixfra

The word "amount" is a reserved term in chemistry meaning the number of moles.

Quick Reply

Latest