The Student Room Group

What is a DIRECT ENTRANT? On the student finance form???

Original post by BiancaMD

Hi BiancaMD,

If you look at the guidence notes available with the application, they will help you complete the form.

Section 4, question b1, Direct Entry means coming direct into a course programme on a year greater than the first year of the course.

Here is a link to the guidence notes available online,

https://bit.ly/2pDfwF3

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi BiancaMD,

If you look at the guidence notes available with the application, they will help you complete the form.

Section 4, question b1, Direct Entry means coming direct into a course programme on a year greater than the first year of the course.

Here is a link to the guidence notes available online,

https://bit.ly/2pDfwF3

Thanks Rona

Thank you!!! Also, as I was completing my application I came across the section where it’s asking me about my parents. Well hey have been separated for about 3-4 years now but they haven’t done it legally. They live in different countries so it’s impossible to obtain something from their lawyer since they don’t have one... I live with my mum in England and my dad lives thousand of miles away. What exactly can she send to prove her situation???
Thank you!!! Also, as I was completing my application I came across the section where it’s asking me about my parents. Well hey have been separated for about 3-4 years now but they haven’t done it legally. They live in different countries so it’s impossible to obtain something from their lawyer since they don’t have one... I live with my mum in England and my dad lives thousand of miles away. What exactly can she send to prove her situation???

Hi Bianca,

If your parents are separated you would list the parent that you would normally live with and their new partner on the application if they have one.

If you live with your mum on her own, the easiest thing to send as evidence of her marital status, is a copy of her most recent council tax award notification showing 25% discount for single person occupancy.

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
Hi Bianca,

If your parents are separated you would list the parent that you would normally live with and their new partner on the application if they have one.

If you live with your mum on her own, the easiest thing to send as evidence of her marital status, is a copy of her most recent council tax award notification showing 25% discount for single person occupancy.

Thanks Rona

Thank you so much! Just went through the papers and found her most recent one. Should I write a letter explaining the circumstances on the last pages ?
Thank you so much! Just went through the papers and found her most recent one. Should I write a letter explaining the circumstances on the last pages ?

Hi Bianca,

The local authorites send out the new Council Tax Award notifications this month for 2018/19 she should have received it very recently to advise the new monthly payments which will start from April 2018.

As long as it shows 25% reduction for single person occupancy, a clear photocopy will be acceptable evidence.

Thanks Rona
Reply 6
Hi Bianca,

The local authorites send out the new Council Tax Award notifications this month for 2018/19 she should have received it very recently to advise the new monthly payments which will start from April 2018.

As long as it shows 25% reduction for single person occupancy, a clear photocopy will be acceptable evidence.

Thanks Rona

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Quick Reply