courses needed to study psychology with criminology Watch

lydia1234599
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
So i want to study psychology with criminology at huddersfield but I'm not sure on which courses i need to take at A level to actually do it. any ideas?
princesshan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Psychology would be the most useful (not essential) with sociology/criminology
Other useful subjects to take alongside include maths/biology/law BUT its unlikely there will be any specific subject requirements
Best option is to check the website or email the admissions team
University of Huddersfield
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi lydia1234599,

It’s great to hear you are interested in our Psychology with Criminology BSc(Hons) course.

As princesshan said, there are no specific subjects you must take at A Level to do this course, but you might find a Psychology A Level sets you up well for the subject matter and will allow you to discover what you enjoy about the course, which will also help when writing your personal statement. It is also valuable to take A Levels that you will enjoy, as a subject you find interesting will be fun to learn, interesting and your passion will also show in your writing :]

To find out more about the specific entry requirements for the course, you can check this out on our online course finder:

https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2018-19/fu...ology-bsc-hons

Alternatively, if you prefer to speak with someone direct, the School will be happy to answer any questions you may have, you can email or call them - [email protected], 01484 472272.

When are you thinking of studying with us? Do you have some A Levels subjects you would prefer?

Hope this helps.
Susanne UOH
JessThomas6
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm studying psych and crim right now (although not at huddersfied) and psychology is obviously really useful, and I've found my history a level to be really useful for essays, and I'd say sociology would have been useful for criminology (there's a lot of sociological theories involved in criminology). Alternatively something like politics may be useful, or anything you like really. I'd say having an essay subject is pretty useful no matter what degree you do (unless there's no essays involved in your course at all) and something that gives you critical thinking skills is helpful as well!
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by lydia1234599)
So i want to study psychology with criminology at huddersfield but I'm not sure on which courses i need to take at A level to actually do it. any ideas?
Probably essay-based subjects. I'd say Psychology and Sociology are a given (Sociology has some modules on crime, depending on your school, but in general studies society as a whole). In addition to this, I'd say choose some that are academic essay-based. Perhaps History, Law or English? It doesn't really matter to be honest, unless the website of the university says 'we want you to have XYZ A-levels' then it's not actually required, but in terms of getting ahead and getting a base knowledge, psychology, law and sociology would be advised.
emily071999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I took psychology, physics, english and maths ASIt's about how you can tell them they're relevant my university liked me doing maths/physicsI said physics helped me understand experiments and data which are a big part of psychologyI also mentioned the skills of essay writing from englishI got an unconditional from my chosen university for psychology/criminologyHope it helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.66%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (71)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.66%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (100)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (65)
9.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (200)
29.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed