The Student Room Group

Is 6'3 too tall for a female?

Hey!
I'm a 6'3 (1.91m) girl. I'm 18 years old! I've got quite slim too.
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Makes most guys feel insecure tbh
Reply 2
Original post by stoneroses2828
Makes most guys feel insecure tbh

I know but what can I do? I'm a giant
Who is your dad? The Green Giant guy?
Original post by Anonymous
I know but what can I do? I'm a giant

Date someone who's 6ft6+ or someone who fetishises being emasculated.
There's no such thing as 'too tall'. It's a matter of opinion, and besides who cares what others think, what's important is that you are comfortable with your height. Also I know girls who are 6'2/6'3 and have been in relationships, so don't worry about that. I am 18 and tall as well, but I love it, hopefully you'll eventually start to appreciate it more :smile:
6'3 is not that tall dont worry the average height of men is 6'10
Reply 7
Original post by Hazzasufc
Who is your dad? The Green Giant guy?

Haha. Although he is only 6'0.

Original post by Notoriety
Date someone who's 6ft6+ or someone who fetishises being emasculated.

I don't want to feel used though and as I said there's no tall guys my again school

Original post by alicelmoro2
There's no such thing as 'too tall'. It's a matter of opinion, and besides who cares what others think, what's important is that you are comfortable with your height. Also I know girls who are 6'2/6'3 and have been in relationships, so don't worry about that. I am 18 and tall as well, but I love it, hopefully you'll eventually start to appreciate it more :smile:

Thanks. It's not just relationships though its just feeling big around people. Like I'm lanky too so it doesn't help.

Original post by tome123
6'3 is not that tall dont worry the average height of men is 6'10

Good one
Hey!
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?

6'3 is pretty bloody tall for a girl tbh. That's how tall I am. Just make the best of what you have. Go the gym and build a thicc juicy ass and nice toned legs. Be confident, have good posture (very important when you are tall), dress well and just generally take care of yourself. That way, at least boys will find you attractive, even if they are intimidated by you. Not to dishearten you but I've seen some stunning girls who my friends would consider 'too tall' for them. I'm pretty sure it's an ego thing. There's no point sugar-coating it; as a girl, your dating choices are pretty limited. How you choose to respond to this hard fact is up to you. Just don't let it demotivate you. Good luck. At least your situation isn't as sh*t as that of an abnormally small guy :biggrin:. Those poor sods are usually racked with insecurities when it comes to either sex
There's no such thing as too tall or too short unless you're trying to enlist in something with a height requirement, but it's definitely unusual for a woman to be that tall.
Good one

was there a need for you to be rude? i was simply giving you an answer that you might have wanted to here.
Original post by PhilanderingBum
6'3 is pretty bloody tall for a girl tbh. That's how tall I am. Just make the best of what you have. Go the gym and build a thicc juicy ass and nice toned legs. Be confident, have good posture (very important when you are tall), dress well and just generally take care of yourself. That way, at least boys will find you attractive, even if they are intimidated by you. Not to dishearten you but I've seen some stunning girls who my friends would consider 'too tall' for them. I'm pretty sure it's an ego thing. There's no point sugar-coating it; as a girl, your dating choices are pretty limited. How you choose to respond to this hard fact is up to you. Just don't let it demotivate you. Good luck. At least your situation isn't as sh*t as that of an abnormally small guy :biggrin:. Those poor sods are usually racked with insecurities when it comes to either sex

I know I'm tall! Feel like intimidating isn't the way to go, more fragile lol. Not just with boys though, when around friends I just feel like a giant

Original post by tome123
was there a need for you to be rude? i was simply giving you an answer that you might have wanted to here.

Wasn't being rude but it's not exactly a helpful answer lol

Original post by Hirsty97
There's no such thing as too tall or too short unless you're trying to enlist in something with a height requirement, but it's definitely unusual for a woman to be that tall.

I know I'm unusual 😓but even with friends. How do I deal with being a foot taller than them
Be proud!!! Its beautiful.

Most men will get jealous and dislike this -they are just insecure but it isnt an issue at all. Tall girls are beautiful - there is no issue :smile:
Original post by The Walking Dead
Be proud!!! Its beautiful.

Most men will get jealous and dislike this -they are just insecure but it isnt an issue at all. Tall girls are beautiful - there is no issue :smile:

But even girl friends too. I'm like a foot taller and it's just embarrassing with photos etc.
It'll probably be too tall for most guys but fortunately for you, men are much likelier to be in the 6ft3+ category than you are as a woman, so your options are not that limited.

Other than that, don't slouch. I think that's what a lot of tall girls do due to being insecure as a result of their height and it doesn't help at all.
But even girl friends too. I'm like a foot taller and it's just embarrassing with photos etc.

No its not. Open your eyes. You feel this way because of what society has done. Tall women are beautiful - I wish i was atleast 6ft every single day.

You must understand a lot of people are insecure about their height. This includes women. Don't care for their opinions they spend their nights searching for ways to get taller. Be proud!
Original post by TCA2b
It'll probably be too tall for most guys but fortunately for you, men are much likelier to be in the 6ft3+ category than you are as a woman, so your options are not that limited.

Other than that, don't slouch. I think that's what a lot of tall girls do due to being insecure as a result of their height and it doesn't help at all.

But it's hard not to when surrounded by friends a foot shorter lol. Thanks though. Thing is even some tall men want short girls
Original post by The Walking Dead
No its not. Open your eyes. You feel this way because of what society has done. Tall women are beautiful - I wish i was atleast 6ft every single day.

You must understand a lot of people are insecure about their height. This includes women. Don't care for their opinions they spend their nights searching for ways to get taller. Be proud!

It's just annoying being so much longer than everyone else.
Hey!
Any ideas?

Meh, if I a guy rejects you based on your height, he's probably insecure about the way he looks by you (that includes the 6ft - 6ft2 guys).

Least you don't have to wear heels to make yourself seem taller, and that means less aches..
But it's hard not to when surrounded by friends a foot shorter lol. Thanks though. Thing is even some tall men want short girls

I know, but posture is basically a tell-tale sign of a person's self-confidence, I mean there's nothing you can do about your height other than not wearing stilettos perhaps. :biggrin: So your only option is to work with it.

Even so, I don't think you'll struggle to find guys taller than you.