Is 6'3 too tall for a female? Watch

Bookaddict02
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey!
I'm a 6'3 (1.91m) girl. I'm 18 years old! I've got quite slim too.
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?
oh my days! imagine tinyyy meeee standing next to you lol. basically just like your friends. i'm 16 and 5'3(yes ik im very short) I was really self conscious about this too but ive learnt to love my self. just know that a ''real guy'' will love you for who you are and not how tall you are
gussssss
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thanks for help but I also assume most short guys don't want a tall girl either.

No girls would want to be my height though lol. Thanks though

But it's hard! My dating pool is so small and I look really awkward with friends!
I wish we could switch height, I'm 5'6 male. It does get to me sometimes, but my point in that post is nobody cares how tall or short you are. It's like a 2% factor in how you come across to someone.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Dayum I wish I was as tall as you
Rungirlrun!!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)Hey!
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?

Hey!! I just tried to reply but TSR deleted it. I know this is quite late but some of the comments on here are really rude. I’m also an 18 year old girl and am 6’1 and honestly I believe you should love your height!! It’s special and exciting and makes you look like a model without even trying. I know there are definitely some issues with it - people make comments, and having big hands and feet is sometimes annoying for me too. But you can see things in crowds, you can reach things others can’t, and you are shrinking and statuesque in ways Toby girls can’t be! I’ve dated a few boys, one of whom was quite short. His perspective was that I was gorgeous, and one day you will find someone (or quite a few people!) who see you as a goddess. Once boys grow up a bit and gain some confidence they will be falling over themselves to get with you. Even when dating a short boy I didn’t stop myself from wearing high heels - I even wear some that make me 6’6 or taller and that’s not a problem!! It just makes you look powerful and cool.Your height does not have to be any kind of insecurity! I find shopping in tall shops really fun and encouraging- Long Tall Sally is great for jeans and suits for work, and Topshop’s tall section is brilliant. Also, although sometimes people make stupid comments about my height and do that ‘delicate’ thing, that can’t take away the fact that this kind of height is a fantastic thing. It’s brilliant, and don’t let anyone take its brilliance away from you!
bobking
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rungirlrun!!)
(Original post by Anonymous)Hey!
Any ideas?

Hey!! I just tried to reply but TSR deleted it. I know this is quite late but some of the comments on here are really rude. I’m also an 18 year old girl and am 6’1 and honestly I believe you should love your height!! It’s special and exciting and makes you look like a model without even trying. I know there are definitely some issues with it - people make comments, and having big hands and feet is sometimes annoying for me too. But you can see things in crowds, you can reach things others can’t, and you are shrinking and statuesque in ways Toby girls can’t be! I’ve dated a few boys, one of whom was quite short. His perspective was that I was gorgeous, and one day you will find someone (or quite a few people!) who see you as a goddess. Once boys grow up a bit and gain some confidence they will be falling over themselves to get with you. Even when dating a short boy I didn’t stop myself from wearing high heels - I even wear some that make me 6’6 or taller and that’s not a problem!! It just makes you look powerful and cool.Your height does not have to be any kind of insecurity! I find shopping in tall shops really fun and encouraging- Long Tall Sally is great for jeans and suits for work, and Topshop’s tall section is brilliant. Also, although sometimes people make stupid comments about my height and do that ‘delicate’ thing, that can’t take away the fact that this kind of height is a fantastic thing. It’s brilliant, and don’t let anyone take its brilliance away from you!
6'1 and 6'3 is exceptionally tall for a women. Honestly if I was a man around 6'0 I wouldn't mind dating a taller women. I'm only 5'7/5'8 btw (wish I could take a few inches from you haha). But I feel that the feeling is somewhat mutual anyway (women are worse imo), men generally don't want to date a taller women and women don't want to date a shorter guy. Although standards for men are higher - than just being taller. You are probably in the same situation as a 5'4 guy - which is average height of a women, but women are twice as picky about height nowadays. They don't just want a taller guy but taller than other guys. I can remember looking at a height distribtuon chart and probably around 10% of guys are over 6'0. Although in Holland around 25% of men are over 6'0 lol. Move to Holland haha. I'm not saying therefore you can only consider those 10% of men to date - No, thats your choice. But men are less picky about it, than women. So just chillax your height insecurity is probably in your heads more than in guys....
Last edited by bobking; 5 months ago
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You can take my role as a centre back and I’ll shift to left back instead.
lauraleech
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
nope its the perfect height for petting
xxxxxxxx
RasineE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey!
Any ideas?
I'm short for my age I wish I was taller. Your lucky to be tall. 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username1333513
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
not too tall, you are very tall though! wish I was that height haha
Orlindochev
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Morning dear,
My name is Oly and I would like give you my best advice based on my best life experience so the best way to resolve your worries is to find out someone smart, intelligent, polite honest and loving TALL man like me 😂
Don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to know me too.
Best wishes,
Orlin Dochev Oly 😊
YashVarman
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi. I am 5,9 and completely completely obsessed with tall girls. I was seaching 6 foot 5 girl on google and found out about you. You ar 2 inch shorter than 6 5 but i would still like to date you. Will you date me ? I am not a good looking guy btw
Last edited by YashVarman; 2 months ago
YashVarman
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey!
Any ideas?
Can we talk ?
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
welp, this thread attracted some people with special...interests.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Onlyhere2night
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Personally no end of the day if she is caring and herself then it should be all good 🙂 don’t worry about what anyone thinks
Last edited by Onlyhere2night; 2 months ago
Mazz221
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey hun, I know I’m coming to this late but I’ve just been reading through the replies you’ve gotten, and I am shocked at how rude they are. I can only assume the guys replying are young and immature.I am a 21 year old 6 ft 2 girl and hunny, life is fab. I used to be insecure like you when I was 18, but going to uni was like a massive u-turn for me.I had grown so used to people making me feel ugly for being tall that when I got to uni and guys were quite obviously attracted to me, it was a shock. I had let other people’s opinions of me shape my perception of myself and that’s the only reason I hated my height and the way I looked. When I started uni and guys started flirting with me and complimenting me, I didn’t know what to do, because I had spent so long feeling like the ugliest monstrosity. My point is: don’t let other people’s opinions dictate your opinion on yourself. It’s all about self-love!! There’s no such thing as ‘too tall’ or ‘too short’ for anyone. The only reason people think that is because of a patriarchal norm which dictates that a man should be taller than a woman - but guess what? Women can be taller than men, men can be sensitive and emotional, women can be tough and muscular - it is all normal!!! Chin up, stand tall and sashay my love. xxx
Duper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
6’ is the average for men, I am six feet tall 55 years old. I have one son who is 5’10” and the younger one is 6’3”
snowman77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Duper)
6’ is the average for men, I am six feet tall 55 years old. I have one son who is 5’10” and the younger one is 6’3”
No dude, 5'10 is average for men.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (43)
12.15%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.02%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.11%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.54%
No (252)
71.19%

Watched Threads