The Student Room Group

Barts vs King’s GKT

I am in the very fortunate position of getting offers from both of these medical schools (which I must admit I never thought I’d be in). I’m still trying to decide which one to go to.

If you are a current medical student at either of these universities, what would you say have been the best and worst things about your experience there
Congratulations on getting both offers! Barts and The London undoubtedly. There are countless reasons but simply, we are a great medical school and there is nowhere better.
However, to put one, this profile is intend to represent the Barts and The London Students' Association. Having something like the BLSA is completely unique among universities which offer medicine. It is a division of the Queen Mary Students' Union tailored to Barts and The London students, offering extracurricular experiences very relevant to medical students and creating an incredibly tight-knit community. The course is also great and while there will surely always be some negatives, the medical school is very receptive to feedback.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bartslondon
Barts and The London undoubtedly. There are countless reasons but simply, we are a great medical school and there is nowhere better.

Says a person with the username "bartslondon" ! :laugh::facepalm:

I got both too, I've firmed King's and all of my friends who got both also firmed King's. If I were you I would go to both open days first and see for yourself if you really cant decide (the King's one is coming up soon right? - 14th i think)
Original post by TheElectrozoid
Says a person with the username "bartslondon" ! :laugh::facepalm:

I got both too, I've firmed King's and all of my friends who got both also firmed King's. If I were you I would go to both open days first and see for yourself if you really cant decide (the King's one is coming up soon right? - 14th i think)

Congratulations on your offer, and good luck for your time at King's! GKT is definitely a good medical school in its own right. BL is just better :wink:
For post-offer open days, the BL ones are on 5th and 6th of April, so very soon.
Original post by bartslondon
Congratulations on your offer, and good luck for your time at King's! GKT is definitely a good medical school in its own right. BL is just better :wink:
For post-offer open days, the BL ones are on 5th and 6th of April, so very soon.

:biggrin: Lol, I really liked BatL I just felt you wont really be around people other than medics there and that's probably gonna get tiring quick! I guess it's just a matter of personal preference to be honest.

(kings > barts) :u: jk
I’m going to both of the offer holders days. The barts one is in two days time and I’m super excited!
KCL campus >>> Barts campus.
Also, Barts students are pretty much isolated from the rest of the university which is quite sad as I prefer the main campus and the free food they get over there ☹️

Although I'm not a medic so excuse my post
Defo KCL. Much more academically known world wide, in a better place situated in London whereas Barts is a ****hole part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending