Depressed...... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I have something similar to autism so i'm 19 but will be going to University at probably 21-23,24.....

I have been homeschooled and never really had friends, I used to do loads of psorts but that stopped at 15. I've only really been clubbing once, I don't really have friends ... i'm planning to go abroad to Napa/Maga this summer with a girl I met on Holiday and I plan on working abroad too.

But I will go uni, but I will be a mature student.

I'm seeing people my age that I know going abroad having the time of their life at uni.I want to have that same experience, but would it be sad/loser if I went clubbing with a bunch of 18/19 year olds? I really want the friends/student experience I also would like to find a boyfriend ( the guys around my area are rubbish lol ) but I don't know if it will be too late? I feel like i've missed out...
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have something similar to autism so i'm 19 but will be going to University at probably 21-23,24.....

I have been homeschooled and never really had friends, I used to do loads of psorts but that stopped at 15. I've only really been clubbing once, I don't really have friends ... i'm planning to go abroad to Napa/Maga this summer with a girl I met on Holiday and I plan on working abroad too.

I'm seeing people my age that I know going abroad having the time of their life at uni.I want to have that same experience, but would it be sad/loser if I went clubbing with a bunch of 18/19 year olds? I really want the friends/student experience I also would like to find a boyfriend ( the guys around my area are rubbish lol ) but I don't know if it will be too late? I feel like i've missed out...
You won't have missed out. At uni nobody really cares how old you are as long as you're a good person. You'll be fine.
username3684524
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Carpe diem.

Put yourself out there and try new things, you're not very old at all so you'd blend in just fine. I understand that it can be hard, and I'm sure it's a bit harder with autism, but there are many great things to be discovered outside of your comfort zone.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by darkforest)
Carpe diem.

Put yourself out there and try new things, you're not very old at all so you'd blend in just fine. I understand that it can be hard, and I'm sure it's a bit harder with autism, but there are many great things to be discovered outside of your comfort zone.
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You won't have missed out. At uni nobody really cares how old you are as long as you're a good person. You'll be fine.
Well I don't have autism exactly just autistic traits and i'm on the autistic spectrum 1-10 that can't diagnose me with autism... but thanks! Caught up with an old friend she went to uni at 19 but did a foundation year and is on her first year at 20 so I guess it's not too late !
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Genuinely age is just not important at university. I have friends who went at 24 and 55 and they had a whale of a time. Essentially, you're as young as you feel, and provided you make the effort to get involved in as much as you can, you'll have a thriving social life (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed