Which video game left you feeling disappointed? Watch

frostfly
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Perhaps the most hyped video game in 2016, No Man's Sky lost 98% of its players after just one week of its release. Compared to the trailers, planets were all essentially identical and some of the randomly generated plants and animals looked very deformed. There was even a lawsuit filed for false advertising. :laugh:

Which video game was a let-down for you?
username3509418
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mystelle)
Perhaps the most hyped video game in 2016, No Man's Sky lost 98% of its players after just one week of its release. Compared to the trailers, planets were all essentially identical and some of the randomly generated plants and animals looked very deformed. There was even a lawsuit filed for false advertising. :laugh:

The Witcher 3, looking online on reviews and etc. looks like the perfect game. But rubbish, movement is slow (compared to games I'm used to) and crappy, and a weird storyline.
frostfly
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Owz5)
The Witcher 3, looking online on reviews and etc. looks like the perfect game. But rubbish, movement is slow (compared to games I'm used to) and crappy, and a weird storyline.
Yep, it's really frustrating when video game lags do you play it on the console or PC? If it's on the PC, you might want to check if your spec meets the game's minimum system requirements. Lowering the in-game settings might help increasing the FPS.
LMsav
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Every call of duty since MW3 has been absolutely shambolic
username3509418
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep, it's really frustrating when video game lags do you play it on the console or PC? If it's on the PC, you might want to check if your spec meets the game's minimum system requirements. Lowering the in-game settings might help increasing the FPS.
Console, I played it on PS4

Not that it lags. It does run, just not as smooth as other games such as GTA V or Red Dead Redemption (for my old Xbox 360 even) used to.
AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LMsav)
Every call of duty since MW3 has been absolutely shambolic
IMO Black Ops 2 was godly. Awesome game
LMsav
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mc_miah)
IMO Black Ops 2 was godly. Awesome game
Black Ops 2 was good I agree and defo gave trickshotting a new lease of life but even then I feel to true glory days passed after MW3 and in reality were in decline since MW2. What do you think of the prospect of MW2R?
AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LMsav)
Black Ops 2 was good I agree and defo gave trickshotting a new lease of life but even then I feel to true glory days passed after MW3 and in reality were in decline since MW2. What do you think of the prospect of MW2R?
Oh there's going to be a remastered???!!!
Still probably not going to buy it; call of duty was a think of my youth (even though i'm only 16 heheh). I just find it too boring bland and not competitive at all. Maybe when the price gets cheaper...but me and my friends told ourselves that for WW2 and we didn't buy it.

Anyways there probably going to find a way to **** MW2R up, as they have done. It also shows the lack of innovation in these devs nowadays. The problem of COD was creating a new goddamn game every year; all that does is puts strain on devs, rushes through work and not letting the game reach its full potential, recycle content and destroy any amount of innovation.
I'm hoping there will be a new 3rd mode in the new COD because Zombies was introduced 10 whole years ago...and it still hasn't changed, infact IMO its just gone worse
AM_TSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
COD WW2
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Gatts
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AC Syndicate. Everything crappy about Unity, with barely any improvements.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Almost every football game I played. There are really hardly ones I really liked. Even the newest games seem so disappointed.
username3456172
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
DayZ
Svesh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
saints row 4
NightShroud99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pretty much all the Need for Speed games since Need For Speed 2015 and even before that with everything that came after Carbon was pretty garbage. The rebooted Hot pursuit and the new most wanted from years past were pretty stale games and I wished I'd have returned them sooner. Makes it worse I only own a playstation so I can't enjoy Forza
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heroes of Might and Magic IV. Admittedly, HoMM3 was a tough act to follow, but this game didn't even try.
Powersymphonia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Star Wars Battlefront was really disappointing and The Order 1886 was much shorter than I thought it was going to be.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got, I don't know, 50 - 100 hours out of No Man's Sky. I don't read previews, watch trailers, follow hype etc. so I'm generally not disappointed.

However Mass Effect Andromeda is so bland and lazy, and its lack of success due to the developers' own failings has apparently killed the series. Since ME1 and the series is one of the my most favourite games of all times, that's disappointing.
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No Man's Sky. I did try to be optimistic and look for the benefits, but then I got stuck on a planet and had to restart the game. Before this though, I did find the game play boring and uninteresting, as well as repetitive with no clear goal. Then I saw all the terrible reviews online and the false advertising and I realised I'd been conned. I gave up on it then.

Watch Dogs was also a disappointment. Very grey and bland and again, the reviews summed up the feelings I had about it. I couldn't play it for more than half an hour without getting a headache and I think it was due to the darkness of the game and the graphics. Watch Dogs 2 is a total U turn though and one of my favourite games.

Witcher Wild Hunt. This is my first game for Witcher and despite people saying that it's okay to play if you're new to the franchise, I still felt out of the loop. I knew there was history with the characters and places that I wasn't aware of and the game was genuinely overwhelming to me with all of the information to absorb. It's excellent for players who know and love the franchise but not for newbies!
birthdefect
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I love bethesda and my all time favourite game is skyrim but the elder scrolls online was an absolute mess
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Watch Dogs and FO4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (135)
60.81%
No (87)
39.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise