I want to talk to someone on here who has good knowledge of Canadian Universities

Watch
FishSauce
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a Uk student and I'm seriously considering applying to the University of Toronto.
However I don't have a single clue on the application process and I've got questions regarding scholarships.

Would appreciate any help that's offered tbh- if you know anything about canadian unis please message me or leave a comment here so I can message you.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Lemur18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lastly spend a day at your preferred tertiary institution to get a feel for the culture of the campus. Some institutions are more academic than others, while others promote a balance of both academic and social life. You will spend the next three to four years of your life at that tertiary institution so make sure it's a place you will be happy to wake up to every morning.
Depending on where you’re going and what you’re studying, the course prices are going to differ. Knowing that, don’t just make an assumption that you will not be able to afford it. There are many institutions which cater for people with lower budgets, as well as online courses and workshops which can be an alternative in the beginning. Make sure you do some research before you choose a specific place. Hope that helps!
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FishSauce)
I'm a Uk student and I'm seriously considering applying to the University of Toronto.
However I don't have a single clue on the application process and I've got questions regarding scholarships.

Would appreciate any help that's offered tbh- if you know anything about canadian unis please message me or leave a comment here so I can message you.
I highly doubt you will be able to apply for scholarships if you are going to U of T. Note that there are very few Canadian universities that would offer a lot of scholarships to international students. Given what I know about U of T, it's unlikely that you will get one, and even if you do, it will be a very minimal amount (unless you are one of the students at the very top, in which they would give you a substantial amount).

With that being said, I would suggest you to look into other universities that provide more scholarship opportunities. There are plenty of Canadian universities and I'm sure it would be a better choice for you, considering how expensive the tuition fees are at U of T.

Best of luck with everything!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (591)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads