The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Printers

Hi.
Does the uni provide printing facilities in halls? Is so, is there a charge to this?

...considering whether to bring a printer or not

Thanks
Original post by OloMed
Hi.
Does the uni provide printing facilities in halls? Is so, is there a charge to this?

Thanks

http://www.aston.ac.uk/ict/studentguide/printing/

Not aware of unis which have free printing?

I would always take my own for self sufficiency.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by OloMed
Hi.

Thanks

Hi,

There are no student printing facilities within the actual accommodation itself. However, both the loft in the Students Union and surprisingly the Gosta Green Pub near to campus offer free printing.

There is also printing available at cost per sheet in both the library and the copy shop. From my undergraduate, I usually only needed to print an essay every few months so the costs didn't stack up too much. However, my friends who bought printers seemed to get asked for a lot of favours by their flatmates.

Hope that helps
Josh
Agree to differ. maybe it would depend on subject, but I think a printer is pretty essential as part of the drafting process. Pinters dont have to take up a lot of space and are fine under your desk. I would suggest a small cheap laser printer. I really couldnt be bothered to have to trail to the printing service and pay their prices every time I wanted a hard copy. You can always share one between the flat if you have to.
Depends in the course, but if you do anything that involves essays or research, then I would say its an essential. When deadlines come round then d not underestimate the importance of being able to see and work from a hard copy.. Totally unnecessary for you maybe, but I would definitely not want to be without one. So will agree to differ with you.
do not edit my posts without permission. Edit your own. That is out of order.

Quick Reply

Latest