Question about OCR FP3 Further Pure 2+3 Book by Quadling+Neill

Watch this thread
WiseLeo
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have done the bulk of my FP3/M2/FP2 revision which consisted of working through every minor detail in the exercise books and completing all misc + rev exercises that are labelled as OCR.

I have also done past papers and am averaging 94 UMS atm as an average across all three modules in all Jan papers.

Other than doing more PP, which I will do, I am struggling to find what else to do and am wondering whether doing the questions in the book not labelled OCR are worth it? We have been told they are a complete waste of time and do not relate to OCR syllabus at all.

I understand the arguement 'they stretch your knowledge...' but that really does not apply for me. I want to do what maximises my result, my interest in mathematics and where I wish to 'stretch' myself is not in these modules.

Thanks
Anonymouspsych
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Econowizard)
I have done the bulk of my FP3/M2/FP2 revision which consisted of working through every minor detail in the exercise books and completing all misc + rev exercises that are labelled as OCR.

I have also done past papers and am averaging 94 UMS atm as an average across all three modules in all Jan papers.

Other than doing more PP, which I will do, I am struggling to find what else to do and am wondering whether doing the questions in the book not labelled OCR are worth it? We have been told they are a complete waste of time and do not relate to OCR syllabus at all.

I understand the arguement 'they stretch your knowledge...' but that really does not apply for me. I want to do what maximises my result, my interest in mathematics and where I wish to 'stretch' myself is not in these modules.

Thanks
They are most definitely useful as a lot of the similar topics are present across these modules with all exam boards like AQA, Edexcel OCR etc
meddicmind
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
That's great that you have done the textbooks and the bulk of your revision! I have attained an A* in Mathematics at A Level, along with an A in Further Mathematics. The key for C3 and C4 is practising as much as possible with past papers, and identifying areas which you are struggling with. We have a range of expert tutors who have attained A*s in Mathematics and Further Mathematics at A Level, and so our expertise on Mathematics can aid you in your questions! We provide additional 1-1 tutoring online and in person, covering A Level content on Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics, where the tutor can tailor the sessions to your needs with past paper examples and their solutions. We have a range of free resources available on our website, including notes on Biology, Chemistry and Economics and questions by topic and their solutions on Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Dhaval N

Medic Mind Tutor

ACW Best Medical Startup 2017

https://www.medicmind.co.uk/bmat-pas...resources.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.91%
The paper was reasonable (67)
39.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.98%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed