Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
There is obviously a lot of threads on here about people suffering various mental health addictions such as depression, schizophrenia etc. but I was just wondering if anybody else on here suffers from substance abuse? I feel very alone in my world, even on here because I barely see anyone else mention it.
I have been addicted to alcohol for years, I haven't had a day off drinking in years apart from 4 days I spent in hospital. No hangover, no amount of having no money, having to work on call stops me having a drink. I hate myself for it, my friend hate me and I don't blame them, I hate me too. I'm so disappointed in what I'eve done with my life i.e. nothing. At one point drink helped control anxiety and very low moods and let me relax for a little while. It just went from there and now I just cannot do a day without.

I'm not really looking for advice, just seeing if anybody else is in the same boat. Most people think of alcohol as 50 year old men with no lives but I've not yet reached 30 and I feel so isolated
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I don't suffer from substance abuse myself but if you're looking for support/people who are in the same boat, maybe you can consider going to a support group? I understand that's a big step but most mental health problems won't go away by themselves and it's really important that you look for help!
PandaWho
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There is obviously a lot of threads on here about people suffering various mental health addictions such as depression, schizophrenia etc. but I was just wondering if anybody else on here suffers from substance abuse? I feel very alone in my world, even on here because I barely see anyone else mention it.
I have been addicted to alcohol for years, I haven't had a day off drinking in years apart from 4 days I spent in hospital. No hangover, no amount of having no money, having to work on call stops me having a drink. I hate myself for it, my friend hate me and I don't blame them, I hate me too. I'm so disappointed in what I'eve done with my life i.e. nothing. At one point drink helped control anxiety and very low moods and let me relax for a little while. It just went from there and now I just cannot do a day without.

I'm not really looking for advice, just seeing if anybody else is in the same boat. Most people think of alcohol as 50 year old men with no lives but I've not yet reached 30 and I feel so isolated
I have suffered substance abuse in the past, and often want to go back there, i used to do aerosols for the high. There are a few people knocking around with different issues but mostly part of the older MHSS crowed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (114)
14.29%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (85)
10.65%
Changed course offer (35)
4.39%
Clearing (58)
7.27%
Conditional offer (11)
1.38%
Deferral (33)
4.14%
Ucas Extra (92)
11.53%
First Generation or First in Family (25)
3.13%
Point of Entry (56)
7.02%
Self-release (116)
14.54%
Tariff Point (64)
8.02%
Unconditional offer (11)
1.38%
Withdrawal (23)
2.88%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (69)
8.65%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (6)
0.75%

Watched Threads