GCSE French Help!!! Watch

I_Hate_School
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have no idea how to revise French. Any tips? I’m doing AQA Higher. In my mocks I got a 4 in listening, 6 in reading, 7 in writing and a 9 in speaking (6 all together). Any info will be great!!! I’m really worried about French as it is definitely one of my worst subjects along with History (in fact any History tips will be deeply appreciated too 😂). Cheers!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

riannon2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
First of all, those grades are really amazing, you should give yourself more credit! I'm doing Edexcel Higher, but what I do is revise vocab for around an hour every night on Quizlet as well as going over grammar flashcards every week and doing practice translations etc. from the revision guides. They have audio files you can access online to practise listening, as I'm guessing that is what you're most worried about? Good luck
I_Hate_School
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by riannon2001)
First of all, those grades are really amazing, you should give yourself more credit! I'm doing Edexcel Higher, but what I do is revise vocab for around an hour every night on Quizlet as well as going over grammar flashcards every week and doing practice translations etc. from the revision guides. They have audio files you can access online to practise listening, as I'm guessing that is what you're most worried about? Good luck
Thank you! I’ll try this tonight!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Alder0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, I did Duolingo which is a free language learning site to increase my understanding of French words and sentences etc, and it helped me out a lot!

I think if you have a microphone, I think it allows you to speak out the French words too and it checks whether you pronunciations are right/not. If you don't it's still helpful because it shows you how to say the word/sentence etc. It's hard to explain but it is incredibly good, you should check it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.56%
No I am happy with my course choice (535)
59.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.22%

Watched Threads