The Student Room Group

Help with personal statement for extra UCAS choice

Hi today I found out that the universities that I applied have all rejected me for midwifery and child nursing . So now my only option is to do extra UCAS .

But I need to make a new personal statement for adult nursing . I really need HELP , like the feedback that I got from the universities was that my personal statement wasn’t so good .
Please if someone can please help me I’d be grateful.
Original post by AmeilaMendes
Hi today I found out that the universities that I applied have all rejected me for midwifery and child nursing . So now my only option is to do extra UCAS .

But I need to make a new personal statement for adult nursing . I really need HELP , like the feedback that I got from the universities was that my personal statement wasn’t so good .
Please if someone can please help me I’d be grateful.

Which field are you set on? Perhaps your personal statement was too general so you need to be more specific. Did you discuss your work experience in your statement?
Original post by claireestelle
Which field are you set on? Perhaps your personal statement was too general so you need to be more specific. Did you discuss your work experience in your statement?

Yh I did , I was told that I didn’t demonstrate the reason as to why I want to do that course . Because my personal statement had to be broad, I couldn’t exactly say which course I wanted to do . So I guess that’s the reason why .

But now I’m only applying for adult nursing so I know what to write about. But the only thing is I need help on structuring and talking about it.
Original post by AmeilaMendes
Yh I did , I was told that I didn’t demonstrate the reason as to why I want to do that course . Because my personal statement had to be broad, I couldn’t exactly say which course I wanted to do . So I guess that’s the reason why .

But now I’m only applying for adult nursing so I know what to write about. But the only thing is I need help on structuring and talking about it.

Introduction: why a degree is generally important

Since your doing a specific course and now applying to a specific university, use it to your advantage. Ill give you an example,

I had predicted ABB from a foundation course

Applied to my dreaam school Nottingham, I basically took the modules of first year and sneakily integrated them into explaining why i wanted to do the course.

I got 4 out of 5 offers and Nottingham!

Stress that you are willing to overcome challenges and your ultimate goal is to be a nurse for various reasons, be aware of the long hours and commitment required and give your desires for wanting to help people! Cite some nursing books!

I did all these things in the context of business.

Best of luck

Intro - tips i gave you - solid confident conclusion

Finally, confidence and flow! sound confident and be confident!
Please don't send your PS to anyone you don't know over the internet. You have no control over it once you send it.

You can post it in the private PS review forum on here and someone can look at it for you :smile:
Reply 5
@interr0bang How do i do that? cant seem to find it. Thanks
Original post by bashrox
@interr0bang How do i do that? cant seem to find it. Thanks

See my signature :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest