FdSc/Bsc Nursing/Midwifery

Watch this thread
Ohen’s
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi
Would you tell me how long it take to do Nursing/Midwifery?
What difference between FdSc and Bsc?
Why FdSc? How many year, entry requirements.
I have done my GCSE Maths, English,Sciences, Psychology with mentions D all of them. But I really want to do Nursing/Midwifery. Could tell me if I can still applied through ucas with this D mention and I have also more experience as an healthcare assistant.
mel_l218
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ohen’s)
Hi
Would you tell me how long it take to do Nursing/Midwifery?
What difference between FdSc and Bsc?
Why FdSc? How many year, entry requirements.
I have done my GCSE Maths, English,Sciences, Psychology with mentions D all of them. But I really want to do Nursing/Midwifery. Could tell me if I can still applied through ucas with this D mention and I have also more experience as an healthcare assistant.
Hi, a FdSc is a foundation degree, you will need to complete a BSc or BSc(Hons) or BSN in Nursing (there are four different branches: adult, mental health, children’s & learning disability) or midwifery. The degree is 3 years.
The normal entry requirements for nursing and midwifery courses is GCSE grade C in maths & English (possibly science too) and 3 alevels or equivalent.
If you need further qualifications to apply for nursing or midwifery, an access to higher education course at your local college may be an option for you (it’s the equivalent of alevels). You can normally resit your GCSE’s alongside the course too. The website accesstohe.ac.uk will give you more advice about access courses.
I would recommend deciding on if you want to study nursing (& which branch) or midwifery as you will need to apply for one course when you come to apply.
This link with information about nursing courses may help you: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Nursing_Degree
Feel free to ask more questions if you have some & I’ll try to help (I’m a mature first year adult nursing student).
Ohen’s
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi
I am really thank you, I can do FdSc with GCSEs D. Or I can resit my GCSE along with FdSc?
I am really confuse about FdSc # Access to HE
Thanks
mel_l218
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ohen’s)
Hi
I am really thank you, I can do FdSc with GCSEs D. Or I can resit my GCSE along with FdSc?
I am really confuse about FdSc # Access to HE
Thanks
Hi, I’m not sure about the foundation degree, I don’t think you can do GCSE’s alongside it. The access to higher education course would be the equivalent of alevels and you could go straight into the BSc or BSN then.
If you are interested in doing a foundation degree, you could look at universities that offer it & see what the entry requirements are & how it can then lead onto the nursing or midwifery degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.27%
They're exactly what I expected (71)
24.23%