Am I self pitying? Watch

username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I've been trying to figure this out and it's making me uncomfortable because i think I might acc be a self pitying person which is just... a little bit disgusting.

But is it self pity to be sad or upset about your friends leaving you for no reason, or feeling left out at school or being forced to do certain things by my parents that's just making me deeply unhappy.

A sign of self pity is wanting attention or sympathy... I won't deny that I enjoy attention for my appearance but i don't want to be pitied for my problems. I hate talking about my problems irl ( i do talk about it online because its easier ) to people because I feel like I'll just sound like im complaining and I never know how to react when someone is really sympathetic towards me. And... i do have hope, i want things to get better and im trying but sometimes I do feel hopeless because I always enivision people , my parents, my family preventing me from being happy which isnt unrealistic because that is what they do.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey there friend, there's nothing wrong with being sad if your friends (especially if they were close) leave you for no reason , that's why i like to stay alone, however talking about your problems irl to someone you actually trust can be helpful because you can show your facial expression and show other how much this affects your every day life
username3860068
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you feeling self pity because you genuinely feel sad or because you think by feeling sorry for yourself you might get the attention you think you deserve?
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you’re going through a teenage phase where you’re insecure about your appearance and want to fit in and have loads of friends, want attention, etc. It will pass
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The Night King)
I think you’re going through a teenage phase where you’re insecure about your appearance and want to fit in and have loads of friends, want attention, etc. It will pass
prsom
Hirsty97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No people who have controlling parents are in a very unfortunate position at least until they can support themselves
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Angry Bird)
prsom
Repped him on your behalf.
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by justanotherchica)
So I've been trying to figure this out and it's making me uncomfortable because i think I might acc be a self pitying person which is just... a little bit disgusting.

But is it self pity to be sad or upset about your friends leaving you for no reason, or feeling left out at school or being forced to do certain things by my parents that's just making me deeply unhappy.

A sign of self pity is wanting attention or sympathy... I won't deny that I enjoy attention for my appearance but i don't want to be pitied for my problems. I hate talking about my problems irl ( i do talk about it online because its easier ) to people because I feel like I'll just sound like im complaining and I never know how to react when someone is really sympathetic towards me. And... i do have hope, i want things to get better and im trying but sometimes I do feel hopeless because I always enivision people , my parents, my family preventing me from being happy which isnt unrealistic because that is what they do.
It’s not self pity at all 🌸 I don’t really know the ins and outs of your life so probably won’t offer good advice but it’s good to feel sad and let your emotions out once in a while ☀️ it’ll cause more harm to you than good if you keep them repressed. In life people will come and go once they’ve used you unfortunately ☹️ but you have to find people who will care for you and be there for you even though they may not be in your life currently they’ll come in the future hopefully 💓 I went through something similar in high school with my friends so I learned to enjoy my own company but also too choose the people who surround me wisely and today I have a great set of friends who listen to me and care for me 😘 I’m sure your parents aren’t preventing you from being happy 💛 It may feel like that currently but they just care for you and want the best for you (like I said I don’t know the ins and outs of your life 🌺). If you ever feel like talking to someone feel free to message me xx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads