The Student Room Group

Tesco interview

I’ve been invited for a interview at Tesco. Can someone please tell me what to expect as it is my first ever job interview so I’m not sure. What sort of questions will they ask as its meant to be half an hour long. And how should I prepare? If you’ve had one in the past please help even if u haven’t thanks
Original post by Unknown19x
I’ve been invited for a interview at Tesco. Can someone please tell me what to expect as it is my first ever job interview so I’m not sure. What sort of questions will they ask as its meant to be half an hour long. And how should I prepare? If you’ve had one in the past please help even if u haven’t thanks

Be prepared to talk about why you, why this job, what you bring to it, your skills and experience and why Tesco.
Reply 2
Hey,

In general, make sure you have your basics on point, get these to YES in your mind and in reality:

Your Appearance: Are you stylish, professional, and meticulous?

Your Tact: Do you understand appropriate professional language and etiquette?

Your Body Language: Are you someone who projects success and commands respect?

Your Confidence: Do you feel qualified for the job and able to handle the responsibilities?

More specific to Tesco, do you know about Tesco news (go google type Tesco then click news tab ;] )? How did they perform last year financially? What do you like about them? What memorable experiences have you had at Tesco yourself?
Original post by Unknown19x

Hi
I worked at Walsall Tesco as a personal shopper,
I was a Christmas temp so was only there for a while.
At my interview i wasn't asked much, she just asked what times i would be available.However, i know that some people were asked why they would be a good worker etc i would say things like I've had experience in a similar working environment etc.

Ive also had a group interview at Tesco
Two managers asked questions to the group
such as;
+ when was the last time u worked as a group
+ When was the last time you had to change to adapt to someone's needs
+ When was the last time you had to deal with an angry customer

ive been to many tesco interviews
if u need help you can msg me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending