The Student Room Group

which university is better for IB?

i am gonna study CS in university of bristol or kings college london starting from september 2018. which uni is better for IB?
Original post by Complex-machines
i am gonna study CS in university of bristol or kings college london starting from september 2018. which uni is better for IB?

Both have placed well for IB this year. But Bristol's CompSci course is much stronger than Kings one and over the years it's generally sent more people into IB.

I would say Bristol >> KCL.
Original post by thatapanydude
Both have placed well for IB this year. But Bristol's CompSci course is much stronger than Kings one and over the years it's generally sent more people into IB.

I would say Bristol >> KCL.

why do you say that?

bristol is ranked behind kings on qs rankings and times higjer education rankings for conputer science
why do you say that?

bristol is ranked behind kings on qs rankings and times higjer education rankings for conputer science

I am not up to date with the rankings but having visited both departments last year and from memory last year Bristol is higher. It might have changed around but its only 2 ranking systems putting KCL higher, I'm sure some will put it the other way around. Also KCL has an AAB requirement while Bristol is A*AA or AAA, so think about this when you apply.
I am not up to date with the rankings but having visited both departments last year and from memory last year Bristol is higher. It might have changed around but its only 2 ranking systems putting KCL higher, I'm sure some will put it the other way around. Also KCL has an AAB requirement while Bristol is A*AA or AAA, so think about this when you apply.

are u doing compsci?
are u doing compsci?

Yes, but for IBD course doesn't matter too much. I am at semi target and with a solid cover letter and cv you can land springs.
Yes, but for IBD course doesn't matter too much. I am at semi target and with a solid cover letter and cv you can land springs.

which uni are u at?

Bristol has a better CompSci course and department by far. Negligible difference in banking recruiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

u said u visited both departments last year, i couldnt visit bristol and kings ,can u tell me more about the depqrtment&facilities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending