The Student Room Group

Help!! I saw my teacher last night in a club!!

I was very very very drunk on friday, and I saw two of our teachers in one of the clubs me and my friends went in. They saw us and then turned round to their friends preumably saying they knew us, as they all turned round to look at me. I was really drunk at that stage so I didn’t actually know what was going on until I got told and it sort of made me remember. Well anyway, they all disappeared and I carried on with the night. (Now here’s where I’m going off what my friend told me as I don’t remember much...) Until I was sick in the toilets, and one of our teachers came in with one of her friends, saw me and my friend, asked if I was okay and if I needed her to call someone, ie my mum. I drunkenly said no and walked out after cleaning myself up. The night came to an end and I was absolutely gone, I’m talking paralytic, I was sick twice outside the club when waiting for a taxi and this morning my friend said our teachers saw. What will they think of me and my friend now? I was also underage
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

For one thing people are bound to run in to their teachers, yeah they to have a social life. One thing I would do is try to ignore the fact that they saw you drinking and then throw up, if they are good teachers I’m sure they’ll bring it up and ask if your ok, don’t feel awkward about it its normal thing to happen. Just act chill and apologise for them seeing you like that. Just think about it this way, the more normal you act the less they will think about it and not mention anything especially your parents
Original post by itss_ana15
For one thing people are bound to run in to their teachers, yeah they to have a social life. One thing I would do is try to ignore the fact that they saw you drinking and then throw up, if they are good teachers I’m sure they’ll bring it up and ask if your ok, don’t feel awkward about it its normal thing to happen. Just act chill and apologise for them seeing you like that. Just think about it this way, the more normal you act the less they will think about it and not mention anything especially your parents

They weren’t in school today, awkward! But so true thank you
Reply 3
when you finish school he'll probably ask you to join him and his buddies for a night out...
They have lives you know....
Getting drunk and being sick multiple times, what a great night. Same time next weekend?
I've met students in clubs before. We've acknowledged each other and then avoided each other. No problems, and I'm secretly impressed that they like similar music and have a good social life.

However, finding you under-age and dangerously drunk is a different matter and puts them in a difficult position. They could just forget about the incident, but if you did it again, something worse happened and it turned out they knew what you were up to they would be in deep trouble. Similarly if the story got round that they were out clubbing with students. Teachers have to conform to a code of behaviour that includes activity out of school, and can lose their jobs or have their career harmed if they are deemed not to have met the requirements.
If I was in their situation I would raise the matter in school and suggest that your parents were informed. Partly from a career point of view, but mainly as a safeguarding issue. Being paralytic in a nightclub is not an ideal situation for someone under-age. This time you got home OK. Another time things might not turn out as well. It's clear that she was concerned about your safety at the time.

Of course, if they weren't in school today maybe they were totally wasted and hung over too, in which case you might have got away with it.
Reply 7
Lol this thread is hilarious (sorry).

Im sure the sight of you vomitting in a night club surrounded your teacher in a warm cloud of nostalgia lol. She probably did the same once upon a time.

On a different note, why does it matter what she thinks of you? Why should it matter what anyone thinks of you?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous7654
I was very very very drunk on friday, and I saw two of our teachers in one of the clubs me and my friends went in. They saw us and then turned round to their friends preumably saying they knew us, as they all turned round to look at me. I was really drunk at that stage so I didn’t actually know what was going on until I got told and it sort of made me remember. Well anyway, they all disappeared and I carried on with the night. (Now here’s where I’m going off what my friend told me as I don’t remember much...) Until I was sick in the toilets, and one of our teachers came in with one of her friends, saw me and my friend, asked if I was okay and if I needed her to call someone, ie my mum. I drunkenly said no and walked out after cleaning myself up. The night came to an end and I was absolutely gone, I’m talking paralytic, I was sick twice outside the club when waiting for a taxi and this morning my friend said our teachers saw. What will they think of me and my friend now? I was also underage

This is why underage drinking is never a good idea!
Reply 9
If I was your teacher and saw you "paraletic" in a club I would likely inform your parents.

you are underaged and clearly are misusing alcohol

sorry.
How did you actually manage to drink (or enter...) in a club when you're underage?

But anyway I'd pretty much echo what Lit teacher said above. The worst that could possibly happen is they let your parents know, which is only an issue if they didn't know you were out drinking somehow or if they were concerned about you being in such a vulnerable state. I imagine most reasonable parents would understand that 'having a few too many' happens and would just let you know of the risks and to be a bit more cautious next time. I imagine you might also speak to a safeguarding/pastoral person at school as they'll make sure you know that you were in a vulnerable situation, and explain that they just want to keep you safe. It might seem like harmless fun but drink spiking and other dangers are more frequent than you might think.

Besides that there's nothing to worry about. Nobody will care about the legalities of it and your teachers won't view you in a bad light, it's more than likely that they drank underage too. I'd advise you to stick to drinking at house parties in the future though (until you're 18), it's much safer and also it makes for a better night. :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Nerry
when you finish school he'll probably ask you to join him and his buddies for a night out...
Can confirm. I've been out drinking with former teachers before now.
Reply 12
They could just forget about this incident
Two things -

1. Nothing they didn't do when they were younger.

2. They were drinking. They might have been as drunk.
They wont do anything - they were having fun so didnt really want any of those teacher responsibilities at that time.
Reply 15
How were you able to get enough alcohol to be paralytic?
They bought it I assume?
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Reply 18
Original post by Tootles
Can confirm. I've been out drinking with former teachers before now.

just drinking.... :eyebrow:
Original post by Nerry
just drinking.... :eyebrow:
Well, also commiserating about being single on Valentine's Day.

Quick Reply

Latest