The Student Room Group

What are the effects on you of the following drugs?

Can anyone who has used any of the following tell me the feelings you experience / the effects these drugs have on you whilst you’re under the influence (rather ask people who’ve experience then google it and see what people who’ve never experienced them before say):

1) Cocaine
2) Ketamine
3) MDMA/ecstasy
4) Weed
5) LSD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Can anyone who has used any of the following tell me the feelings you experience / the effects these drugs have on you whilst you’re under the influence (rather ask people who’ve experience then google it and see what people who’ve never experienced them before say):

1) Cocaine
2) Ketamine
3) MDMA/ecstasy
4) Weed
5) LSD

Anyone who’s used one or more?
1: Quality/Purity is normally terrible, uplifting and moreish, lots of rabbiting v much a social thing, brutal comedowns, obv addictive.

2: Bit of a mixed bag, small doses are trippy and a bit brain numbing, slightly like being drunk. Heavier doses put you right out for the count into weird dream land for a good few hours, make sure to have a bucket next to you. (not something to mess with alone)

3: Properly brain and attitude opening with the right stuff, massively uplifting and social, come downs can be nasty depending on purity. MDMA tends to be a lot purer, with pills you don't have much real clue what you'll get.

4: Weed can vary, lots of different types and strains and will have varied effects on people, chills me out massively and I can still get a lot done, some people prefer to just kinda zone out with games or TV. or get a bit trippy like with acid It's biggest crime is that it can you ok with being bored.

5: trippy/buzzy sort of feeling, slight visual hallucinations (movement in patterns, trails of light/edges ect) sound can mess up a bit. gets more intense at higher doses and obv you hear some 'bad trip' horror stories, never happened to me though. (not advised to mess with alone either)

Not particularly endorsing any of this, and it's my own experience so shouldn't be taken as gospel. Be safe and such.
(edited 6 years ago)

1) Cocaine
2) Ketamine
3) MDMA/ecstasy
4) Weed
5) LSD

1) You'll go buzzing but overrated drug
2) Like you left reality
3) Could be absolutely **** or make you feel invincible
4) Just chill
5) ****ING AMAZING
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
1: Quality/Purity is normally terrible, uplifting and moreish, lots of rabbiting v much a social thing, brutal comedowns, obv addictive.

2: Bit of a mixed bag, small doses are trippy and a bit brain numbing, slightly like being drunk. Heavier doses put you right out for the count into weird dream land for a good few hours, make sure to have a bucket next to you. (not something to mess with alone)

3: Properly brain and attitude opening with the right stuff, massively uplifting and social, come downs can be nasty depending on purity. MDMA tends to be a lot purer, with pills you don't have much real clue what you'll get.

4: Weed can vary, lots of different types and strains and will have varied effects on people, chills me out massively and I can still get a lot done, some people prefer to just kinda zone out with games or TV. or get a bit trippy like with acid It's biggest crime is that it can you ok with being bored.

5: trippy/buzzy sort of feeling, slight visual hallucinations (movement in patterns, trails of light/edges ect) sound can mess up a bit. gets more intense at higher doses and obv you hear some 'bad trip' horror stories, never happened to me though. (not advised to mess with alone either)

Not particularly endorsing any of this, and it's my own experience so shouldn't be taken as gospel. Be safe and such.

I wonder why so many people take ketamine when it seems like LSD is a safer more enjoyable experience in the correct setting for a trippy/psychedlic experience then? I’m aware of loads of people who take ket every now and then I don’t get it if it is likely to make you ill afterwards?
I've not got much exp with K, I never did the 'wee bit when going out thing', I don't think that makes you as ill.

I've only tried it once and both were heavyish doses and the mental world i vanished to was life changing and self examining (cliched, i know) I cant really explain it and that's kind of the point, it's an experience I doubt i would have experienced naturally.......throwing up into a bucket for a bit is a small price really. tbh most hallucinagenics make you chuck at some point, your body tries to purge it (half the time it just makes it REALLY interesting :P )

It's something i'd treat with respect and a good bit of fear.
Reply 6
I've not got much exp with K, I never did the 'wee bit when going out thing', I don't think that makes you as ill.

I've only tried it once and both were heavyish doses and the mental world i vanished to was life changing and self examining (cliched, i know) I cant really explain it and that's kind of the point, it's an experience I doubt i would have experienced naturally.......throwing up into a bucket for a bit is a small price really. tbh most hallucinagenics make you chuck at some point, your body tries to purge it (half the time it just makes it REALLY interesting :P )

It's something i'd treat with respect and a good bit of fear.

Have you ever felt ill enough to the point you felt like you were on the verge of dying whilst taking any hallucinogenics?
Nah, It's expected, it's more a 'better out than in' thing and basically considered part of the ride, you'll likely just be sick for a few mins then trip out again :P

Just my exp though, others will vary, as said it's never been something i've done often.
Reply 8
have any of you guys tried magic mushrooms?
think about what types of drugs they are

is it hallucinogen, depressant, stimulant, opiates...?

I have stopped using the drugs which I used to do regularly but when I used I preferred hallucinogens like acid (lsd), and depressants like meds, weed and drink, not stimlants and opiants like ****ing coke and speed and whiz and smack and all sorts cos I dont want the rattles.

Wait why is it that you wanna know?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tyson69
have any of you guys tried magic mushrooms?

I've always been intrigued as to what it's like being on Shrooms ngl.. Have you done it before?
Original post by ElyLaw99
I've always been intrigued as to what it's like being on Shrooms ngl.. Have you done it before?

Would love to know how people feel with that one too?

yep but it isnt that easy like, u must stay some hours before without eating bc if u eat they dont affect u as much
Would love to know how people feel with that one too?

Yes :smile:
Original post by tyson69
yep but it isnt that easy like, u must stay some hours before without eating bc if u eat they dont affect u as much

Ohh okay makes sense, so what's the actual effect like though?
Ohh okay makes sense, so what's the actual effect like though?

Well, at the beginning u dont really feel anything, but u have to keep relaxed dont panic. It begins with a gentle tickle in the stomach and continues making u a bit dizzy. After 10-15m of this you start seeing things different. For me, what usually happens the most is that the sky starts changing its colour and that u see ur phone 3D and stuff. Sometimes what has happened to me is that watch incense burning and I kinda see shapes of animals and even dragons 😂.

You have to know that it affects ppl differently. This girl I was dating used to think she could fly and tried to multiple times, thankfully we were there to stop her. Also another friend thought he was sunking into the ground and started crying. It just depends
Original post by tyson69
Well, at the beginning u dont really feel anything, but u have to keep relaxed dont panic. It begins with a gentle tickle in the stomach and continues making u a bit dizzy. After 10-15m of this you start seeing things different. For me, what usually happens the most is that the sky starts changing its colour and that u see ur phone 3D and stuff. Sometimes what has happened to me is that watch incense burning and I kinda see shapes of animals and even dragons 😂.

You have to know that it affects ppl differently. This girl I was dating used to think she could fly and tried to multiple times, thankfully we were there to stop her. Also another friend thought he was sunking into the ground and started crying. It just depends

Woah man, that's so crazy. Sounds pretty similar to my friends reactions to ket but I imagine it's easier to focus on the weird stuff you see on Shrooms?
Original post by tyson69

Out of the drugs mentioned which one gave you your best experience and which one gave you your worst? Are there any you’d say are worthless?
Out of the drugs mentioned which one gave you your best experience and which one gave you your worst? Are there any you’d say are worthless?

the only drugs i have done are hash, weed, shrooms and LSD and really my best experience is with hash/weed cuz i find them more as a social drug and i always have a good time with my friends with them.
LSD was my worst for sure, i got rlly wasted haha
Nah, It's expected, it's more a 'better out than in' thing and basically considered part of the ride, you'll likely just be sick for a few mins then trip out again :P

Just my exp though, others will vary, as said it's never been something i've done often.

Which drug(s) gave the you the best/most enjoyable overall feeling? Which ones gave you a bad feeling / aren’t worth doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending