Scholarship personal statement - what should I say? Watch

username3509752
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Started applying for scholarships and the accomodation award asks for a 'short personal statement' on my financial need/how this award will assist me in learning. Beyond actually allowing me to live in accomodation/survive, I can't think of anything else this scholarship does for me. What should I be saying in these statements?

Thanks
la_banane_verte
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Edgemaster)
Started applying for scholarships and the accomodation award asks for a 'short personal statement' on my financial need/how this award will assist me in learning. Beyond actually allowing me to live in accomodation/survive, I can't think of anything else this scholarship does for me. What should I be saying in these statements?

Thanks

What should I include in my Financial Statement for scholarships and funding applications?

You should include the following information in your financial statement in support of your funding application:

• How a scholarship will assist your learning.
  • Information such as long term illness, disabilities, being in local authority care, redundancy or other such unforeseen extenuating circumstances.
  • Details of any expected changes to annual household/personal income after starting your intended course.
  • (If you are an undergraduate applicant) whether you have received an EMA or any bursary to assist with school fees.

If you are applying to the University through UCAS, there is no need to repeat any information already given in your UCAS personal statement.

If you are required to provide documentary evidence of household or personal income with the same scholarship application, the Financial Statement is also where you should include any useful notes relating to the documents you are providing, such as currency conversion of any income figures.

My/our income is just over the threshold but we have substantial outgoings. Is this taken into consideration for financial support?

Yes, you should make this clear in your financial profile statement, which is used in the assessment process to identify difficult or unusual circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads