notReallyFactual
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is it possible to use the case studies from my textbooks as they are much more condensed and in an easy to access layout rather than the mess of my school exercise book.

Thanks
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by notReallyFactual)
Is it possible to use the case studies from my textbooks as they are much more condensed and in an easy to access layout rather than the mess of my school exercise book.

Thanks
Yes, you can.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes you can, just make sure you get enough info to get full marks.
notReallyFactual
Rep:
?
Thank you everyone!
Fighter365
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by notReallyFactual)

Thanks
Out of interest, what exam board and textbook do you use?
notReallyFactual
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fighter365)
Out of interest, what exam board and textbook do you use?
AQA exam board and the myrevsionnotes hodder education textbook + cgp guide for the diagrams and developing on anything the other book missed.

Also the student room has a website that people upload things for every subject to so I get minor details from that too.

Hope i helped ?
hellohellothere
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Yes you can, just make sure you get enough info to get full marks.
yes and ask your teacher if the case studies are appropriate, most case studies textbooks and teachers give you are obviously suited to the questions asked in the exam
notReallyFactual
Rep:
?
(Original post by hellohellothere)
yes and ask your teacher if the case studies are appropriate, most case studies textbooks and teachers give you are obviously suited to the questions asked in the exam
Thank you!
alices00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
After having done GCSE Geography and now facing my Year 13 exams in little over 2 months you learn that it's best to use case studies you know really well rather than what other people suggest. If you are being taught some in class then that might mean you know them more in depth.

Also try and use local case studies to you as much as possible as you know about them without having to try. This is easier if you live in a big city as rebranding, regeneration and a whole host of other things are constantly going on. The examiner won't know what you've been taught so you can pick up case studies from anywhere. This is harder for tectonics and natural hazards however, unless you happen to live on the edge of a plate boundary. Just don't make them up like some of my friends tried to - it didn't end well
notReallyFactual
Rep:
?
(Original post by alices00)
After having done GCSE Geography and now facing my Year 13 exams in little over 2 months you learn that it's best to use case studies you know really well rather than what other people suggest. If you are being taught some in class then that might mean you know them more in depth.

Also try and use local case studies to you as much as possible as you know about them without having to try. This is easier if you live in a big city as rebranding, regeneration and a whole host of other things are constantly going on. The examiner won't know what you've been taught so you can pick up case studies from anywhere. This is harder for tectonics and natural hazards however, unless you happen to live on the edge of a plate boundary. Just don't make them up like some of my friends tried to - it didn't end well
Thank you!

I am going to be using the case studies for human environment eg regeneration and urbanisation that I learned in school as they have been talked about in depth and they are about cities close to me.

However, I feel as thought the tectonic and natural hazard case studies weren't taught as well and so I feel more confident that I will succeed using my textbooks example case studies.

I'm not going to make something up though! I'll be sure to use my efforts to learn about each individual case study!

Thanks!
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my teachers for a level encouraged us not to only use the case studies we did in class but to research and find our own. i kept an eye out for relevant news stories that i could turn into case studies. i was also lucky that there was loads of river and coastal flooding during my a levels so i used that. i remembered those case studies more than those in the book or in my notes as i researched them myself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads