The Student Room Group

Employment history as proof of residence

Hi, I got accepted to uni (yayy) as a mature student. I have been living in the UK fot 15 years as an EU citizen. For the finance as for proof of my residency, my current address is not a problem, but the previous one (to cover the first 2 years of the 5 year period) was a house share with the owner and no bills on my name. I tried to print my bank statements but they have my current address on them. I have been also filing my tax returns online, and the statements I could have have no addresses on them. I have LETTERS from HMRC and after few phone calls to student finance I was told to request a proof of employment history, which I did, now awaiting it's arrival. But this document is not listed anywhere as an acceptable proof, and reading these forums there seems to be a lot of confusion what gets accepted and what doesn't? Can someone confirm if the HRMC employment history will be accepted? Thank you K.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Vakundok
Hi, I got accepted to uni (yayy) as a mature student. I have been living in the UK fot 15 years as an EU citizen. For the finance as for proof of my residency, my current address is not a problem, but the previous one (to cover the first 2 years of the 5 year period) was a house share with the owner and no bills on my name. I tried to print my bank statements but they have my current address on them. I have been also filing my tax returns online, and the statements I could have have no addresses on them. I have LETTERS from HMRC and after few phone calls to student finance I was told to request a proof of employment history, which I did, now awaiting it's arrival. But this document is not listed anywhere as an acceptable proof, and reading these forums there seems to be a lot of confusion what gets accepted and what doesn't? Can someone confirm if the HRMC employment history will be accepted? Thank you K.

Hi Vakundok,

HMRC letters are acceptable evidence, as long as it covers the period that we have requested.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Vakundok,

HMRC letters are acceptable evidence, as long as it covers the period that we have requested.

Thanks

Catherine

Thank you Catherine, so what should I tick on the side?Tax return, even though it isn't?
appreciate your help!
K.
Original post by Vakundok
Thank you Catherine, so what should I tick on the side?Tax return, even though it isn't?
appreciate your help!
K.

Hi Vakundok,

Just leave the tick box blank.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending