Chantelleh10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey needing help with how Hitler got to power (sorry for spelling I'm Dyslexic) x

JRimmer27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chantelleh10)
Hey needing help with how Hitler got to power (sorry for spelling I'm Dyslexic) x
on top of my head, Hitler risen to power by numerous incidents that hindered Germany which prolonged the people to start turning to extremist parties. the main TWO being:
THE COMMUNISTS
THE NAZI PARTY.

now to fully UNDERSTAND HOW they GOT IN POWER.
we must look back in previous events.

the Wiemar government
after world war ONE, Germany had to sign a treaty called the treaty of Versailles this was proven to be very bad for the people of Germany as it declared that Germany had been officially "defeated"
this was received as a stab in the back from the people of Germany and they started to distrust the new government this was because the king fled to Holland due to the defeat of the world war.

we now go into even more detail why the Wiemar government failed

ill give you an example IN AN 4 MARK EXAM QUESTION LAYOUT, one reason why the Wiemar government failed was proportional representation, This meant that it was hard for parties to make an agreement in the Reichstag's to many smaller parties being included.

THE DEPRESSION OF 1923
DURING THIS TIME GERMANY WENT INTO A GREAT DEPRESSION WHICH AFFECTED MILLIONS.
straessman the chancellor who was classed as a superman decided to make an agreement with an american banker who created the retenmark to replace the mark. the borrowed money from america for about 8 billion.
straesman stated "that germany is dancing on a volcanoe " and this came true because the wolf street crash dragged germany back into a great depression.

this is where the NAZI party stated using propaganda for example,
they made posters stateing "work and bread" which attracted people. they eventually received "43.9%" of votes which made them the biggest party and hidenburg the president made hitler chancellor.

as the chancellor had the power of using article 48 hitler used this too his Advantage and changed GERMANY IN A POLICE STATE

from here on research ways on NAZI DICTATORESHIP AND THE ELIMINATION OF THE COMMUNISTS,
SOME EXAMPLES IS,
the gestapo,(fear)
the reichstag fire (communists)

NOTE: as these facts are on top of my head i am declaring now that some of these facts may be slightly incorrect. BUT i can ensure you that they overall are correct and will help you.

NOTE: THE THINGS HIGHLIGHTED ARE AREAS WHERE YOU SHOULD RESEARCH AND GRAB EXTRA DETAILS AND ANALYTICAL STATISTICS FOR YOUR WRITING

I DO HOPE THAT THIS HELPS YOU GET STARTED!!!
HAPPY STUDYING

THANKS
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...y/mwh/germany/ BBC Bitesize may help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed