The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Founders Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ayylmao100
Hi Susana, that makes sense - I’m just a little startled that I’d need to apply earlier if I want to have the best chances, because I was told that allocation doesn’t work on a first come first serve basis. You mentioned that I need to firm the uni to apply for accommodation, what if it’s my insurance but I end up going there - how will my accommodation be allocated? Thanks!

Hi ayylmao,

If you apply for Halls within the accommodation application window, your room will be allocated using an automated allocation process. This puts all of the applications received into a pot and assigns a randomly generated number to each of the applications to order them. The system then offers a room that best meets your chosen preferences as it reaches your application. We do this in two rounds to ensure that we can notify you of your room allocation in a timely manner.

From 6 June 2018 onwards, all accommodation applications will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis in date and time order of when the first application was received.

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi ayylmao,

If you apply for Halls within the accommodation application window, your room will be allocated using an automated allocation process. This puts all of the applications received into a pot and assigns a randomly generated number to each of the applications to order them. The system then offers a room that best meets your chosen preferences as it reaches your application. We do this in two rounds to ensure that we can notify you of your room allocation in a timely manner.

From 6 June 2018 onwards, all accommodation applications will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis in date and time order of when the first application was received.

Thanks for the clarification, but if RHUL is my insurance choice do I need to go through the same process or will my accommodation be randomly allocated?
Original post by ayylmao100
Thanks for the clarification, but if RHUL is my insurance choice do I need to go through the same process or will my accommodation be randomly allocated?

If you choose us as your insurance choice, you won't be able to apply for accommodation unless your offer becomes firm. Once your offer is firm, the application process will be the same (applying through our online accommodation system) and your room will be allocated to best match the preferences you provide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending