The Student Room Group

Parking permit in the wrong name conciseness

One of my coursemates is asking me to apply for a parking permit in my name which she would then use. She is a really good friend of mine and I don't want to annoy her but I don't know how much trouble I would be in if I were to apply for a parking permit for her.

What trouble could I get in if I were to do this and get caught?

How could I tell her no if I were to get in trouble and I am not comfortable?
Original post by Charlieaitken97
One of my coursemates is asking me to apply for a parking permit in my name which she would then use. She is a really good friend of mine and I don't want to annoy her but I don't know how much trouble I would be in if I were to apply for a parking permit for her.

Why can’t she apply in her own name?

If she parks badly on university property you would be liable for any fines.
Original post by Charlieaitken97

Why can't she apply for one herself?

If you aren't comfortable, and this has all been her idea, just tell her that you aren't comfortable and say no. No matter how close you are to her or how trustworthy she is, if she causes you to be fined, it's amazing how quickly someone will deny all knowledge when money is suddenly involved.
I think she won't have enough spaces near her house

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending