The Student Room Group

how to analyse rather than just state facts in history essays??

I keep failing all of my history essays and I have no idea how to fix it. The question I recently got is 'To what extent were the Nazis’ economic policies successful in solving the economic problems of the Weimar Republic?' but I have no idea how to answer it properly
Reply 1
Make interim judgements. You must explain what the facts and stats you're bringing up actually mean in relation to the question. You chose those bits of information for your answer for a reason. Maybe you're trying to play it too safe in your answers? Don't be afraid to argue for a point and reach a conclusion. You're being asked to make a case for two sides and ultimately decide which is the stronger argument.

When given a question, decide on your argument first and then wrap it with facts and evidence to back it up. That's what the facts are for.

Is this for GCSE?
Reply 2
Original post by Sinnoh
Make interim judgements. You must explain what the facts and stats you're bringing up actually mean in relation to the question. You chose those bits of information for your answer for a reason. Maybe you're trying to play it too safe in your answers? Don't be afraid to argue for a point and reach a conclusion. You're being asked to make a case for two sides and ultimately decide which is the stronger argument.

When given a question, decide on your argument first and then wrap it with facts and evidence to back it up. That's what the facts are for.

Is this for GCSE?

No it's for A Level

Quick Reply

Latest