Aqa french help [asap] Watch

Kenbone
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have recently done my French mock exams and it went decently. However for the listening I only managed to get 20%. My teachers who have native tongue for French even needed the transcript. I really need tips to improve my listening, also for aqa French they have a vocab list on the spec, I just want to know if there will be words out of spec.

-thanks
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
you need to revise the obscure vocabulary- it's unlikely many cognates will be heard.
ask your teacher for resources that can help you w listening, maybe you can buy a french listening booklet + cd for practice?
listen to french songs, watch movies w/ french subtitles so you can pick up vocab and structure,
Kenbone
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
you need to revise the obscure vocabulary- it's unlikely many cognates will be heard.
ask your teacher for resources that can help you w listening, maybe you can buy a french listening booklet + cd for practice?
listen to french songs, watch movies w/ french subtitles so you can pick up vocab and structure,
I have seen the vocab list on the spec (there is so much it is overwhelming), are you saying that there will be words not on the vocab list in the spec?
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Kenbone)
I have seen the vocab list on the spec (there is so much it is overwhelming), are you saying that there will be words not on the vocab list in the spec?
honestly, i have no clue. there's a possibility but it might just be stuff like connectives- it's highly unlikely though at the same time because the listening paper's based around different themes- so you just need to know the less obvious vocabulary really well because that's what they'll be using in the listening. make sure you know the grammar rules too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (145)
58.7%
No (102)
41.3%

Watched Threads