The Student Room Group

Queries about withdrawal/interruption from university.

Hello,

I am an undergraduate student and this is my first year, I study in England, London - University of Greenwich. I decided to withdraw from studies due to personal problems or at least to interrupt for some period of time.

So, my questions are if I withdraw what are the consequences with the payment so far. I have asked at university for that and they told me that if I consider to leave it will be better to do it before 9th April because it will only cost 50% of 9,250£ (therefore 4,625£). And there is what I was wondering...

Query 1:
If I withdraw what is the procedure for the payment? Far as I know it is the same like if I graduate all of my education... I mean I will be able to repay it only if I have a job and I have enough earning (an exact %), right? Because I will not be able to repay it at once.

Query 2:
The second thing that I was wondering about is - if I interrupt my studies for a year for example just to make up my mind because I am really not able to continue right now... What are the procedure with the payment then? Will I be extra charged?

Query 3:
If I Interrupt and after a year I change my mind and decide not to continue will this be a problem if I withdraw then? Will I have restrictions/penalties for the loan? Or it does not change anything?

Query 4:
How to inform you to stop my financial support? Who do I need to contact and how? Because I need to do it as soon as possible before 9th of April.

I have spoken yet with university and my personal tutor and I have access to the documents for withdrawal/interruption but they told me that I have to get in touch with you separately to let you know that you have to stop my financial support.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Milen Dimitrov
Original post by MilenDimitrov
Hello,

I am an undergraduate student and this is my first year, I study in England, London - University of Greenwich. I decided to withdraw from studies due to personal problems or at least to interrupt for some period of time.

So, my questions are if I withdraw what are the consequences with the payment so far. I have asked at university for that and they told me that if I consider to leave it will be better to do it before 9th April because it will only cost 50% of 9,250£ (therefore 4,625£). And there is what I was wondering...

Query 1:

If I withdraw what is the procedure for the payment? Far as I know it is the same like if I graduate all of my education... I mean I will be able to repay it only if I have a job and I have enough earning (an exact %), right? Because I will not be able to repay it at once.

Query 2:
The second thing that I was wondering about is - if I interrupt my studies for a year for example just to make up my mind because I am really not able to continue right now... What are the procedure with the payment then? Will I be extra charged?

Query 3:
If I Interrupt and after a year I change my mind and decide not to continue will this be a problem if I withdraw then? Will I have restrictions/penalties for the loan? Or it does not change anything?

Query 4:
How to inform you to stop my financial support? Who do I need to contact and how? Because I need to do it as soon as possible before 9th of April.

I have spoken yet with university and my personal tutor and I have access to the documents for withdrawal/interruption but they told me that I have to get in touch with you separately to let you know that you have to stop my financial support.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Milen Dimitrov

Hi Milen

Question 1.

If you withdraw, you will be reassesed up until the last day you attended, we will send you a new letter to advise you of your entitlement for the period you were at university.

You will receive a letter if you have had any overpayment and a telephone number to call to make arrangements to repay the amount.

The amount of loan that you have received that you were entitled to, you become eligible to repay from the April following your withdrawal, but only then once earning over the threshold.

Query2.

If your university advise us instead, that you have suspended your studies, your payments will stop. If any overpayment will be deducted from future support.

You will receive any remaining payments once the university confirm your resumption on the course.

Query 3.

If your university advise us later that you have decided to withdraw rather than resume, the process will then be the same as the answer to query one.

Query 4.

The university electronically advise of any withdrawal/suspension, currently these are taking eighteen working days to be processed.

If you decide to withdraw, if you call us then we can block your future payments, until the notification from your university is processed, in order that you are not overpaid.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending