Police called in over anti-student hate group

Watch
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8274501.html

Police in cornwall are looking into vandalism threats made by a group calling themselves Falmouth Hates Students, who have said they want to make Falmouth a "no-go area for students".
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Their statement is a work of art tbf:

“Since the start of this year Falmouth Hates Students group (FHS) has been damaged student property, like cars, and will continue to escalate this activity to the extent that no families will want to send young ones to Falmouth.

“We are going to make Falmouth a no-go zone for students."

That will **** the uni, the developers, the **** at Bristol planning and all the ***** at Tremough good and proper. And we can have our lovely town back with just the original few decent students at the paint school in Wood Lane, which was always an aset (sic)”
Gatts
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
“The Nazis at Falmouth University have had their way for too long, wrecking the lovely town of Falmouth with too many students and overdevelopment and not accepting there own responsibility to house students on-site.”

I’ve heard about students calling people Nazis many times, but I’ve never heard people call students Nazis.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have sympathy for them. Students are rude, disrespectful lefties who insist on destroying society
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sounds like a one man band.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nothing quite restores a once "lovely town" like smashing up cars and property.

What morons.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gatts)
I’ve heard about students calling people Nazis many times, but I’ve never heard people call students Nazis.
You haven't heard of antifa?

(Original post by Miss Maddie)
I have sympathy for them. Students are rude, disrespectful lefties who insist on destroying society
Students aren't lefties. They just vote for whoever promises them free stuff. Before the lib dems betrayed studentkind, students largely voted for them.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
You haven't heard of antifa?

Students aren't lefties. They just vote for whoever promises them free stuff. Before the lib dems betrayed studentkind, students largely voted for them.
Centre left lib dems. Students overwhelmingly support lefty policies economically and social crap e.g. safe spaces.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Centre left lib dems. Students overwhelmingly support lefty policies economically and social crap e.g. safe spaces.
Are ideological 'safe spaces' a leftist policy? Which of the left-wing parties promises to introduce mandatory safe spaces to Universities?

Seems to me that most of the SJW crap comes from militant centrists to centre-leftists, and that leftists are often the victim of it (e.g. from them equating criticism of Israel to anti-semitism).
username1799249
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you mean some students?
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Are ideological 'safe spaces' a leftist policy? Which of the left-wing parties promises to introduce mandatory safe spaces to Universities?

Seems to me that most of the SJW crap comes from militant centrists to centre-leftists, and that leftists are often the victim of it (e.g. from them equating criticism of Israel to anti-semitism).
Partly agree with you in that things like safe spaces are supported and actively promoted by lefties. It's also the youth wings of lefty political parties refusing to condemn safe spaces and no platforming. One can be forgiven for equating safe spaces to leftism.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Studentification is an ongoing cause of friction in a lot of uni towns
https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...studentfinance

TBH a lot of the time it's students damaging the townies property
https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/n...d-bbc-10753996
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
2 people close to me when to falmouth. Its a lovely town - but it is quite small for the size of the uni thats growing there. There is definitely an issue of friction with locals.

On the other hand, looking around at the rest of cornwall gives you a very bleak picture. Its a poor county on the whole, with the only bright point being the tourism industry each summer. Do you really want to take away a university, which actually brings money into the local community, rather then taking it out? The best thing about university students are that they are their at the exact oposite times to tourists - not in the holidays - meaning that for a town like falmouth, business can rely on students pooring their loans/daddy's money into their business at the exact times when their incomes usually decline.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If they were decent full blooded students they'd string these old busybodies up by their toes in the quad.
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Napp)
If they were decent full blooded students they'd string these old busybodies up by their toes in the quad.

Yes, the trouble is of course by the time they've got their lazy arses out of bed the old busy bodies will be long gone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (100)
5.13%
Uncertainty around my education (292)
14.97%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (206)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (273)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.36%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.69%
Loneliness (170)
8.72%
Financial worries (69)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.41%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.72%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.54%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (172)
8.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (186)
9.54%

Watched Threads