The Student Room Group

TV in uni?

Should you have a TV in uni? Is it worth having? I was thinking of having one just so I watch stuff online or on a dvd I can watch on TV through HDMI lead?
I've never watched TV at uni. I've always resorted to just watching Netflix and Amazon Prime Video on my laptop.

^Kam
Moved to University Life
I brought my tv with my first year not knowing if there would be an Ariel slot (which there wasn’t) in halls. I used it as a second screen for my laptop in the end and watched Netflix and stuff on it while doing work on my laptop screen.
Original post by Pete_M21
I brought my tv with my first year not knowing if there would be an Ariel slot (which there wasn’t) in halls. I used it as a second screen for my laptop in the end and watched Netflix and stuff on it while doing work on my laptop screen.

To actually answer the question, it’s worth it if there’s an Ariel because it’s live tv but if not, you can just use it for a second screen.
Reply 5
A few of my friends have a TV in their rooms and they say they wouldn't be bothered if they didn't have it,its just a nice novelty to have there. Also you'll have to get a TV licence and they normally start sending letters to you after your first couple of weeks in uni asking for payment, they were asking my friends for around £140, if you don't pay and they suspect that you have a TV, people will come up to your room and check so it's really whether or not you can afford an extra lump of money on top of paying for uni in general.
Reply 6
whats a tv

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending