Can anyone give tips about writing the data analysis part of the dissertation?

Watch this thread
natz96
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I've collected all of my data and managed to get my data into bar graphs.
Can anyone give me some tips about what's needed in the data analysis?

What are markers looking for?
username3550432
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Are you able to/is your data able to be put into SPSS to test for statistical significance?

Lecturers love those P values.
natz96
Rep:
(Original post by QuestionQuest)
Are you able to/is your data able to be put into SPSS to test for statistical significance?

Lecturers love those P values.
Hi, Yes! Is that a good idea to add with the bar chart?
Magdatrix >_<
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The type of analysis you'll do depends on the type of data you have and your hypothesis / research question. I actually do some tutoring on this so you're welcome to drop me a message.
natz96
Rep:
(Original post by Magdatrix >_<)
The type of analysis you'll do depends on the type of data you have and your hypothesis / research question. I actually do some tutoring on this so you're welcome to drop me a message.
Thanks a lot! will do
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by natz96)
Hi, Yes! Is that a good idea to add with the bar chart?
Is a bar chart relevant? We can't answer this - and don't message the poster who suggests it as you have no idea of who they are.

Did you have a hypothesis? Why did you collect data? You must have had a purpose so your analysis need to link to that.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thanks a lot! will do
Please don't - you have NO idea who they are and whether their advice might be correct.
natz96
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Is a bar chart relevant? We can't answer this - and don't message the poster who suggests it as you have no idea of who they are.

Did you have a hypothesis? Why did you collect data? You must have had a purpose so your analysis need to link to that.
My tutor asked me to include bar charts in the analysis. Yes I do have one.

Okay, thanks for the advice
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My tutor asked me to include bar charts in the analysis. Yes I do have one.

Okay, thanks for the advice
Is your data discrete or continuous? categorical or ...?

How did you sample? Will that samplng method have errors?

How can you test your hypothesis?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (79)
67.52%
In the post (5)
4.27%
Text (15)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (18)
15.38%

Watched Threads