Is it too late to transfer to another university? Watch

havana99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I'm currently in my first year of a history course at a redbrick university and I realise it's late, but over the past few weeks/months I have felt that I haven't found my footing in terms of meeting people like me. My accommodation is pretty unsocial, and although I do have a house for next year, feel like I'd like the chance to start fresh at a new university doing the same degree, ideally in the first year.

I'm going to email other redbrick universities about this but should I be doing anything else/going through UCAS etc? Any help would be appreciated, or the chances of this being successful.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by havana99)
Hey, I'm currently in my first year of a history course at a redbrick university and I realise it's late, but over the past few weeks/months I have felt that I haven't found my footing in terms of meeting people like me. My accommodation is pretty unsocial, and although I do have a house for next year, feel like I'd like the chance to start fresh at a new university doing the same degree, ideally in the first year.

I'm going to email other redbrick universities about this but should I be doing anything else/going through UCAS etc? Any help would be appreciated, or the chances of this being successful.
There is no way of knowing that you will meet more people like you at a new uni. Reach out to the people around you. Have you joined any clubs or societies to meet like minded people? You don't have to make friends on your course or through your accommodation only.
Prozerman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s never too late to transfer, I just literally emailed my preferred university that I want to transfer there (I’ll be repeating first year but that’s fine by me) yesterday night and got an email this morning saying they’ll consider taking me which was a big surprise but yeah it’s still possible , especially as even after June lots of universities will be doing clearing so yeah just email the universities you to transfer to and see how it goes
havana99
Rep:
?
That's great news! Congrats on getting an offer. Can I ask what university you're transferring to? I feel like I'm one of the only people in this situation, so it's nice to hear that someone else is too I guess haha.
havana99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prozerman)
It’s never too late to transfer, I just literally emailed my preferred university that I want to transfer there (I’ll be repeating first year but that’s fine by me) yesterday night and got an email this morning saying they’ll consider taking me which was a big surprise but yeah it’s still possible , especially as even after June lots of universities will be doing clearing so yeah just email the universities you to transfer to and see how it goes
^^
Prozerman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m transferring to Ravensbourne
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ask other uni's, if they do transfers then transfer. They will offer a conditional, dependent on your exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (38)
7.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.4%
No (175)
34.18%

Watched Threads