The Student Room Group

Urgent about my boyfriend

So basically, I don’t know whether I should carry on my relationship. We met this time last year, and spent the summer together. He is the most gorgeous person I’ve ever met, he’s really funny and sweet. We have so much in common, he’s a skateboarder and in a band. Then we split up for a while until he asked me on a date 2 weeks ago, and we clicked straight away.
He’s never been a good texter, and he’s busy most nights of the week with hobbies, but I feel a bit unloved. All I want is to hang out about 2 times a week, and get a text off him every other day asking how things are. We’re 15 by the way. He chased me so much before, and I know he loves me: but maybe he doesn’t anymore?

I sent him a message explaining my feelings but he has ignored it. Should I break up with him? Be blunt with him for a week to see if he reacts? Or try AGAIN to find out what’s up, if anything is?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, I don’t know whether I should carry on my relationship. We met this time last year, and spent the summer together. He is the most gorgeous person I’ve ever met, he’s really funny and sweet. We have so much in common, he’s a skateboarder and in a band. Then we split up for a while until he asked me on a date 2 weeks ago, and we clicked straight away.
He’s never been a good texter, and he’s busy most nights of the week with hobbies, but I feel a bit unloved. All I want is to hang out about 2 times a week, and get a text off him every other day asking how things are. We’re 15 by the way. He chased me so much before, and I know he loves me: but maybe he doesn’t anymore?

I sent him a message explaining my feelings but he has ignored it. Should I break up with him? Be blunt with him for a week to see if he reacts? Or try AGAIN to find out what’s up, if anything is?

Messages won't get through to people in the way you'd intend. You need to meet up with him in person and explain how his behaviour makes you feel. That way he can see how upset it makes you.
Reply 2
It’s just seems to me like there is a difference between the amount he has on and the amount you have on. Why don’t you get yourself out and about more / busy yourself with a hobby and fit in seeing each other around that?

Speak to him about it and explain that if he isn’t gonna make the effort to see you then you won’t make it to see him.

Texting each other isn't the way to solve problems. You need to meet in person and have a discussion about what's going on. If he or you can't do that, then neither of you are mature enough for a relationship. If you can, then that's great and you should talk through it, if you really want to be with each other.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Texting each other isn't the way to solve problems. You need to meet in person and have a discussion about what's going on. If he or you can't do that, then neither of you are mature enough for a relationship. If you can, then that's great and you should talk through it, if you really want to be with each other.

Texting is actually such a *******s way to communicate, there's a total lack of emotion and emojis are the best thing we've got to make an attempt. They're garbage, which doesn't help, but body language and tone and so many other key factors just don't exist and it makes the whole experience boring.
Original post by AmmarTa
Texting is actually such a *******s way to communicate, there's a total lack of emotion and emojis are the best thing we've got to make an attempt. They're garbage, which doesn't help, but body language and tone and so many other key factors just don't exist and it makes the whole experience boring.

Exactly! My boyfriend and I are long distance and whenever we have an issue the best we can do is Skype each other, but that's so much closer to in person than texting is. It really makes a difference. OP - if you can't meet up, then video call him. Don't keep texting him your problems.

yoooo
just remember one thing:
the egg doesn't swim to the sperm, rather the sperm to the egg
😂😂😂😂😂😂
n I think its best to talk face to face so u can see his initial reaction to ur feelings n if he's acting real n dat
xxx
Reply 7
We’re 15 by the way.

And here's where I stopped.

I known it means the world to you right now, but in just a year or two you'll look back at this and you'll be really embarrassed...

Just let it go. Move on
Messages are not really good as things ypu might write in their heads when reading can sound rude or very accusive. Ask him to go for a walk or a coffee , or maybe just link w him somewhere just the two of u
explain the situation to him calmly and gentle try not sound like u r accusing him or nagging him about his action as normally men are very proud.
If after explaining the situation he does acknoledge his doings or doesnt ask u how to fix or doesnt even try, is better to let go as you would be the only one putting in the effort in the relanshioship. A relanshioship is with 2 not only urself.

sorry for my english not native 😗
Reply 9
Original post by DrawTheLine
Exactly! My boyfriend and I are long distance and whenever we have an issue the best we can do is Skype each other, but that's so much closer to in person than texting is. It really makes a difference. OP - if you can't meet up, then video call him. Don't keep texting him your problems.

I agree, it's much more personal, even the phone is better than texting. We went from using telegrams to creating lines to project our voices to others to express emotion then creating video calling to express ourselves even more - to faster telegrams with fancy picture typing too. What a shame.
The problem is, I’ve asked him to meet up to sort it out about 5 times. Each time an excuse came along. So I decided to just end it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending