Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Higher Officer Compliance Caseworker (Belfast) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Applying for this now, worked on what I believe is a great competency. When I submitted the application it put me straight for the SJT because I'd banked scores recently for the Verbal and Numerical. It's quite disheartening because the scores (62%/69%) are not the best I could do because I've been doing practice tests. I'll be still doing the SJT but just wondering is there any point with those scores?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brd989)
    Applying for this now, worked on what I believe is a great competency. When I submitted the application it put me straight for the SJT because I'd banked scores recently for the Verbal and Numerical. It's quite disheartening because the scores (62%/69%) are not the best I could do because I've been doing practice tests. I'll be still doing the SJT but just wondering is there any point with those scores?
    Good Luck 🍀
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've applied for the EO and the HEO in Belfast, just completed the EO numerical 60% and verbal 80% :-( not good. Before is move onto the HEO tests can anyone tell me if the test are the same for both roles? I would need to do some practice for the HEO and aware tests need to be completed today! seek.Also, do you need score really high in these tests to get through to interview? like in the 90s?

Update - Just completed the EHO tests, pure raging they banked a score I completed from last year the verbal which was 57% i know I could have done better than that! on the plus side my SJT came out at 75%....however not hopeful will get through to the next stage.

ReputationRep:
    Also applied for Belfast... Anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to let you know about interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatbutton)
    Also applied for Belfast... Anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to let you know about interviews?
    I see the application packs say interviews are scheduled for April so I assume we will hear this week? Does anyone know what previous scores have been accepted from the SJT to get through to interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plydva)
    Based on what the pack says it seems as though the tests are the deciding factor for getting an interview with the written competency as a tie-breaker for job appointments. I'm going for the EO roles in Belfast and have been trying for about a year and a half to move up from an AO. Had a few interviews and came close, but no joy yet.
    Good luck everyone! Im currently a AO also its just waiting game now. But i think it really depends on how many people applied so if a lot applied then they will raise the bar on the pass for the test and i didnt do so well on them tut.i applied in leeds

ReputationRep:
    Really hope it is this week as I seriously lack patience which probably isn't good for a post like this which seems to take months to actually get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatbutton)
    Really hope it is this week as I seriously lack patience which probably isn't good for a post like this which seems to take months to actually get an offer
    Snap, would like to know either way if I am through or not this week. Do they take your competency answer into consideration?

ReputationRep:
    The candidate pack says that it's only for a tie-breaker after interviews. Although I wouldn't guarantee that.
    Thank You for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loula32)
    Thank You for the reply!
    I've seen people get interviews before with SJT scores in the low 50s before. How did you do?

I ended up with 84% in the EO test, but 27% in the HEO test so that was me straight out of the HEO one.
    I applied for the Eo did the maths and failed got 17% lol however did the HEO and got 67% maths 37% verbal reasoning and 42% the situation test. All a pass but like i sais depends if they set a benchmark if loads apply there is 80 jobs going in leeds so they would need quite a few going through to interview

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone’s application still sitting at on hold? Or has anyone’s updated yet? Never applied for civil service before so not sure what to expect! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You’ll probs see it update towards the end of the week to either “invited to interview” or “unsuccessful”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoedmc)
    You’ll probs see it update towards the end of the week to either “invited to interview” or “unsuccessful”
    Okay thanks, have you applied for this as well? Not sure if my scores are good enough to get an interview as I have never applied for any other positions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmcsk)
    Okay thanks, have you applied for this as well? Not sure if my scores are good enough to get an interview as I have never applied for any other positions!
    Yes I’ve applied and I’m currently on hold also

what scores did u get?

There so many positions hopefully we’ll all get interviews lol

ReputationRep:

what scores did u get?

We will go from hold to reviewing application soon

ReputationRep:

what scores did u get?

I got 74 maths, 68 verbal & 66 SJT. You? Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anisablue)
    We will go from hold to reviewing application soon
    I read somewhere that interviews are being held in April so hopefully we will hear something soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmcsk)
    I got 74 maths, 68 verbal & 66 SJT. You? Fingers crossed!
    Well done 🙂 I got 96 in all 3 more nervous about my competency if it goes to sift 😬

ReputationRep:
    Well done 🙂 I got 96 in all 3 more nervous about my competency if it goes to sift 😬
    that’s amazing! Well done 🤗 what happens if it goes to sift? I’m sure you’ll get an interview with the scores you got!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmcsk)
    that’s amazing! Well done 🤗 what happens if it goes to sift? I’m sure you’ll get an interview with the scores you got!!
    Thank you fingers crossed 🙏🏽

If a lot of people apply and meet the required standard the competency will be score, so do crap on that and it could rule you out

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.