Business studies gcse help! :( Watch

Elisabeth_24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello!
I was wondering if anybody had any tips for aqa gcse business studies as I'm really struggling at the moment
I just got my latest mock result back and I feel really discouraged and I've forgotten everything! is anyone in the same situation or have any tips?
Gradebaker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi,
Is there a specific area you are struggling in?
Otherwise, in terms of revision the best thing to do is make notes and try to include as many key terms and concepts as possible. Other than that, practise past papers and mark them harshly against the mark scheme, noting any improvements. Also, sometimes its worth looking at examiners reports for tips on how to answer questions.

Hope this helps, if you have any specific queries please feel free to ask!
Light.Y
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi i got an A in aqa business using just 2 structures. for explain questions use the phrase BLT (explain questions that are like 3 marks)
B - because of this
L - this leads to
T- therefore

and for any sort of discuss questions write a BLT for the point, BLT against the point. along with a DIMI conclusion.
D- despite this being the better option....
I - i believe overall this is the better option
M - the most important reason being..
I - however it depends on externtal factors such as...
redbull114
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Elisabeth_24)
Hello!
I was wondering if anybody had any tips for aqa gcse business studies as I'm really struggling at the moment
I just got my latest mock result back and I feel really discouraged and I've forgotten everything! is anyone in the same situation or have any tips?
Hi there,
I did business studies last year for my GCSE's and got a C which is ok, flopped with my coursework which brought my grade down alot but a C is good for me anyway lol. Anyway I'm not the brains of britain, but the way I revised for business studies was simply by making flashcards on this website (by creating a Study Resource). Then printing them out and reading the question which is one side the card, then writing down the answer on a piece of paper, then flipping the card to see if the answer you wrote down was correct or similar to that on the card. I did this with the rest of the cards. I kept a record of the pieces of paper with my answers to see my progress of how many I got right. I never got 100% as there is alot to cover (it would take ages obviously for me to memorize all them answers). You get the jist anyway hopefully.

Thats the way I did it and dont be put off my with C is your aiming higher, it's simply because I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and others are more intellectually gifted than others.
MimiElf
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, have you tried this site for business studies: https://senecalearning.com/ I was struggling a lot, and found it super helpful!
yasmitha24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hi I need help in business studies case study and business worksheet pls can u help me
Gradebaker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by yasmitha24)
hi I need help in business studies case study and business worksheet pls can u help me
Do you still need help?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.29%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.41%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (36)
14.69%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.24%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.8%

Watched Threads