MOD Engineering Management Apprebticeship Watch

beehall
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya,
Has anyone else applied for the engineering apprenticeship with DE &S? There’s one for Plymouth and one for Bristol.
Wondering how everyone else is getting on with it?
I got a provisional offer and they’re doing pre employment checks, anyone know what these are and how long they take? I know it’s references, DBS.... ?
😁
P.S *Apprenticeship
NSca1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by beehall)
Hiya,
Has anyone else applied for the engineering apprenticeship with DE &S? There’s one for Plymouth and one for Bristol.
Wondering how everyone else is getting on with it?
I got a provisional offer and they’re doing pre employment checks, anyone know what these are and how long they take? I know it’s references, DBS.... ?
😁
P.S *Apprenticeship
Hey Beehall, sorry, late to the thread. I am currently a level 4 MoD apprentice although I work for the IT counterpart of DE&S which is called ISS (you'll most likely work closely with us). Pre-employment checks can take a very long time and differentiate from person to person. For me personally (I hold an SC clearance, most likely what you will have) it took 3-4 months to complete the vetting process. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Parent63
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NSca1998)
Hey Beehall, sorry, late to the thread. I am currently a level 4 MoD apprentice although I work for the IT counterpart of DE&S which is called ISS (you'll most likely work closely with us). Pre-employment checks can take a very long time and differentiate from person to person. For me personally (I hold an SC clearance, most likely what you will have) it took 3-4 months to complete the vetting process. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Hi I have a question about level 4 MOD IT apprenticeships. Are most successful applicant ABB students or CCC ? Can you describe what sort of applicant appeals to them ? Its very difficult to get information about these positions can you suggest how to find out more than is available on the internet ? Many thanks
beehall
Rep:
?
Ah no worries! I got the offer early March and have made sure I have sent all the forms back ASAP. Completed the Health Questionaire, my referees have sent off my references, by a miracle within a couple of days of getting them 😁, vetting form I completed a couple of weeks ago.
I know you’ve said you’re working for ISS, how do you find it, the apprenticeship in general?
🐝
NSca1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by beehall)
Ah no worries! I got the offer early March and have made sure I have sent all the forms back ASAP. Completed the Health Questionaire, my referees have sent off my references, by a miracle within a couple of days of getting them 😁, vetting form I completed a couple of weeks ago.
I know you’ve said you’re working for ISS, how do you find it, the apprenticeship in general?
🐝
The apprenticeship has been great- I cant say much about it here but I will say that you wont get an experience like this anywhere else.
beehall
Rep:
?
The apprenticeship has been great- I cant say much about it here but I will say that you wont get an experience like this anywhere else.
Yes i can imagine, just wanted a general yay or nay but sounds like a big yay. I am so excited for it! The more I read the more I want to get started 😂.
Did you relocate for it?
Lewowen526
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m currently starting this year. Do you know what the start date is for the apprenticeship ? Will it be the very first week because I’m away for the first week of September
Lewowen526
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m currently starting this year. Do you know what the start date is for the apprenticeship ? Will it be the very first week because I’m away for the first week of September so I’m hoping it starts just after the first week. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%