The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay Competition 2018

Anyone here entered the essay competition? If so, what subject did you enter for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mandhlenkhosi
Anyone here entered the essay competition? If so, what subject did you enter for?

Economics competition, what about u?
Biology
Reply 3
Biology, when do they release the results?
Original post by JackFu
Economics competition, what about u?

I did Economics as well, I did the Universal Basic Income question, what about you?
Original post by Ben129
Biology, when do they release the results?

Sometime in April, but they didn't really specify when :frown: I was hoping someone knew tbh

How did you find it?
Reply 6
I did Economics as well, I did the Universal Basic Income question, what about you?

Yeah, I did the same, the other questions are in the area of politics which I find a little bit harder.
Reply 7
Would anyone want to share their essays via email for economics, I would really love to see other people's work?
Original post by JackFu
Would anyone want to share their essays via email for economics, I would really love to see other people's work?

Yeah sure, send me a message with your email and I'll send you mine.
Reply 9
Yeah sure, send me a message with your email and I'll send you mine.

[mod deleted - please don't publicly post personal info :smile: ]
I am for UBI, what bout u
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by JackFu

Oh, what's your email
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JackFu
Oh, what's your email

Hey, check your email. Just reply to mine with your essay thanks
Reply 12
Original post by JackFu
[mod deleted - please don't publicly post personal info :smile: ]

Hi, please don't post your email address in a public forum - thanks :smile:
Reply 13
Has anyone get an email yet :biggrin:
Anybody know a response date for the entries????
Original post by b.perera
Anybody know a response date for the entries????

Nah mate, they only said April. Apparently economics people found out the 12th of April last year, so probably around that time, but I honestly have no real clue.
Reply 16
Nah mate, they only said April. Apparently economics people found out the 12th of April last year, so probably around that time, but I honestly have no real clue.

yeah, I think they send an email straight away to verify that you entered then around the 10th of April they will tell you. I am going to Cambridge this April for master class and hopefully the lunch too :smile:
Reply 17

Btw,Nick, in your essay you mentioned an equation used by Picketty r>g and when there is slow growth, wealth accumulates, and income distribution worsens as Marx and Picketty would have suggested. But if there is rapid growth, the income distribution is still bad as the top and wealthy receive most of the benefits as India shows, do you think that the UBI could potentially make r=g?

Ah alright - Hopefully in the next few days then!
Original post by JackFu
yeah, I think they send an email straight away to verify that you entered then around the 10th of April they will tell you. I am going to Cambridge this April for master class and hopefully the lunch too :smile:

well the 10th is tommorow so we will surely find out

Quick Reply

Latest