Y10_GCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What are the different methods of revision I can do in my spare time? Can anyone suggest me effective methods which will actually help me during exams? Im in Year 10 Right now
fatima51326
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I find that writing notes and repeating them out loud to myself helps info stay in my head, especially when I try to make some sentences rhyme.Try it and see if it works for you.
hope.3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
-Writing detailed but concise (at the same time) notes.

-Flash cards —> something a teacher suggested to me which was SO helpful, is making flash cards and then finding images to put on the front which reflect the answer. So say for example, it was for a History exam, I’d make a flash card and on the front i’d write the question or the topic or the title or whatever, so for example say it was something to do with WW2. Then on the back i’d write the answer. Then i’d find images online that relate to the answer (for example, if it was about Hitler I may get an image of him, if it was a specific statistic i may get an image of that number etc) and i’d then stick them on the FRONT so when i read the question/topic/title, i’d see them images and they’d remind me of what the answer is. Then when you’re sat in the exam, you’ll be able to envisage the pictures for that particular topic.

-Do past papers in timed conditions, and closed book. You’re in year 10 so doing GCSEs but when i was doing A Levels and i had masses of essays to write, I’d find past English papers, for example, online and answer that question as if i was sat in the exam and is time myself so i’d answer it in the amount of time i’d get in the real exam.

-Create mind maps or tables and charts. Make it colourful and creative.

-Make flash cards and get friends or family to test you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (93)
5%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.12%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (198)
10.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (262)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (82)
4.41%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (107)
5.76%
Loneliness (162)
8.71%
Financial worries (66)
3.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (81)
4.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (88)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (102)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (163)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (174)
9.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed