The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michaelaster789
So as the title says, my girlfriend's pregnant...she told me a couple of days ago and I've basically freaking out now since then

This wasn't planned, and I don't know when to tell my parents, and her parents, and I don't know how they would react. She wants to keep it as well

I just need some advice on how to go about this!!

Edit, never mind. Troll.
****ing trolls you are kilingl tsr, always ****ing wasting my ****ing time you little *****, please do not post these *****y troll posts anymore because all they do is **** people off.
Talk to your girlfriend about what you want to do next. Whatever happens, you are a partnership, particularly as you will have a child together. Your parents cannot make you do anything you don't want to and they will most likely stand by you, although they may seem unhappy at first.
"The first thing that came to mind is TSR
Second thing how do I tell them the truth and what to do
Third thing is me wishing that I never did what I did..."
Tell your parents and push her to abort it. Having a baby when young will 90% ruin your life.
Fetus Deletus!
Original post by cheesecakelove
Talk to your girlfriend about what you want to do next. Whatever happens, you are a partnership, particularly as you will have a child together. Your parents cannot make you do anything you don't want to and they will most likely stand by you, although they may seem unhappy at first.

Thanks for your comment, hopefully they'll come around soon! I hate disappointing them
Original post by Miss Maddie
Tell your parents and push her to abort it. Having a baby when young will 90% ruin your life.

I'll try,, thanks
Original post by AssPhysician
Push her in front of a Circle Line

WTF is wrong with you???
I would say think about what you want in and from life if you want her and a family with her one day then maybe it was meant to be. Having a baby young is not ruining your life at all, as long as you want it x
Original post by AmyNicOrme
I would say think about what you want in and from life if you want her and a family with her one day then maybe it was meant to be. Having a baby young is not ruining your life at all, as long as you want it x

Thanks for saying that, I do believe in things happening for a reason.. I was worried that a baby would end everything for me but great to know it doesn't have to
How old are you?
I'm being serious so please only mature, genuine replies:

my girlfriend's pregnant...she told me a couple of days ago and I've basically freaking out now since then

This wasn't planned, and I don't know when to tell my parents, and her parents, and I don't know how they would react. She wants to keep it as well

I just need some advice on how to go about this!

Whatever you do, don't suggest abortion - abortion is not right, it should be illegal.
Just stay calm, get a job if you haven't got one. Talk to your girlfriend and explain it to your parents, they will help you.
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you?

Original post by Baza2002
Whatever you do, don't suggest abortion - abortion is not right, it should be illegal.
Just stay calm, get a job if you haven't got one. Talk to your girlfriend and explain it to your parents, they will help you.

Yeah I really don't want to push her into doing something she said she wouldnt want to do. Ive got a job but i will have a look at either getting more shifts or a second job if in the end we both will actually go through with this.

I'm just so nervous about telling them, .shall i tell them with my gf with me? Thanks for your help
Yeah I really don't want to push her into doing something she said she wouldnt want to do. Ive got a job but i will have a look at either getting more shifts or a second job if in the end we both will actually go through with this.

I'm just so nervous about telling them, .shall i tell them with my gf with me? Thanks for your help

I'm only 16 and never had a relationship so i know f*ck all about this but...
I would calculate the extra cost of living the child would bring; look at how much you and your girlfriend are saving each week and from that, see if you would have enough.
I would have both you and your girlfriend there when telling your parents, and try and do it in a way that will keep them calm (if possible)
I sense this is a troll.
Original post by Other_Owl
I sense this is a troll.

What makes you think that?
Original post by Baza2002
I'm only 16 and never had a relationship so i know f*ck all about this but...
I would calculate the extra cost of living the child would bring; look at how much you and your girlfriend are saving each week and from that, see if you would have enough.
I would have both you and your girlfriend there when telling your parents, and try and do it in a way that will keep them calm (if possible)

Thanks for helping, I'll work up the courage to talk to the parents and take that on board

Latest

Trending

Trending