Being assess as eu when applied for uk

Watch this thread
johnny9765
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I applied for student finance 5 weeks ago and haven't herd anything back since apart from my passport being returned 2 days after submitting my application.

I am applying through the long residency catergory and sent a paper application form called PN1. I applied for finance years ago with the eu department because I hold a residence card stating I am the family member of a EU national, but was refused because I am not a direct family member i.e. Being married, depended on my Eu family member or being the child of a eu national.
I got this residence card because of I'm the unmarried partner of a Eu national and I'm not entitled to student finance in this catergory.

I phoned to check the status of my application and was told that it was sent to a department to check if I would be classed as home student or Eu migrant worker. I am confused because I didn't apply as a eu migrant worker because I know I don't fall under this catergory because I don't hold a eu passport nor am I from Europe.

I applied as a uk home student so don't understand why I am not just being assessed in the uk catergory.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by johnny9765)
I applied for student finance 5 weeks ago and haven't herd anything back since apart from my passport being returned 2 days after submitting my application.

I am applying through the long residency catergory and sent a paper application form called PN1. I applied for finance years ago with the eu department because I hold a residence card stating I am the family member of a EU national, but was refused because I am not a direct family member i.e. Being married, depended on my Eu family member or being the child of a eu national.
I got this residence card because of I'm the unmarried partner of a Eu national and I'm not entitled to student finance in this catergory.

I phoned to check the status of my application and was told that it was sent to a department to check if I would be classed as home student or Eu migrant worker. I am confused because I didn't apply as a eu migrant worker because I know I don't fall under this catergory because I don't hold a eu passport nor am I from Europe.

I applied as a uk home student so don't understand why I am not just being assessed in the uk catergory.

Hi Johnny,

Applications can take around six weeks to process.

Students must make an application for student support in order for a decision to be made with regards to their eligibility and entitlement.

An assessor will review your application to establish if you are eligible under the long residency category.

Regards Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.44%
Not yet, but I will soon (62)
18.02%
No (136)
39.53%

Watched Threads