tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have my gcse in less than 2 months I I have still no idea how to revise especially for English. Please help
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moved to English Study Help
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Youtube - Mr Bruff videos are great and fun to watch
Website - Seneca Learning is totally free and has some of the books and poems with hundreds of practice questions
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you need to know all of your texts really well. learn quotes by putting them on flashcards with a short analysis on the other side. read your texts several times so that you know the storyline.
mindmap characters, themes and symbols. highlight key words, making a quote bank for certain characters can also be really useful.
cgp revision guides are pretty decent, especially for context- you need to understand the relevance of it to the story/play as it can help you explore the writer's purpose. i'd make notes on context too, highlighting key points and words.
poetry comparison, make sure all your poems are properly annotated, and then put these annotations into a small table with quotes, language features, structural features, context etc. learn your quotes- then consider central themes to poem- how could they be compared? make skeleton essays or essay plans with key ideas, an intro, quotes and a conclusion.
best way to revise for english lang is practice questions so you read texts better, and know your terminology so you can comment on all the features in the text.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads