username3867346
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone who has worked for Primark can help me to answer this.

Long story short, I left my position at Primark back in October due to issues with some managers. Just basically felt like they'd never listen to me, liked to abuse their positions etc. So I left my position, admittedly didn't work my notice but the store manager let this slide as I'm type 1 diabetic and it was severely destroying my blood sugars (and my body!!) due to stress.

The problem is, I LOVED my job, it was literally just the management and I wish I hadn't let them get to me the way they did!! I've been applying in nearby stores, but for some reason they keep rejecting me? It's a shame, because the hours will fit in so nicely with my college course in September.

I applied for my second local store this evening, had to make a new account because I couldn't remember the login details and my security question answers, however upon making the account, it seems like they merged them together and just changed the email address? Because all of my previous application rejections were still in my archive. I deleted all my archive messages, and I had applied for this store previously but they never responded to me. However, I just received an email saying I'd been rejected already!! But the application says it's under review still, and I haven't even received a confirmation saying they've received my application yet?

I'm now wondering if it is the old job that I applied for that they rejected me for, but the email has only just come through as I signed in again. The job titles don't match either but the website seems really dodgy to me.

Should I give the store a call tomorrow to double check they've received it? I don't want to sound desperate but I mean, I am haha. I honestly loved working there and made a terrible mistake leaving.

If anyone else has experienced a similar issue or knows a solution, can you please share any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
naziak001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i'm not going to lie even i'm really desperate for a job however each time i apply to primark they just seem to automatically reject me so i personally wouldn't worry too much may be you should try a different shop instead of primark. Also, may i ask how much does primark pay you per hour?

(Original post by Ella_Ravenclaw)
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone who has worked for Primark can help me to answer this.

Long story short, I left my position at Primark back in October due to issues with some managers. Just basically felt like they'd never listen to me, liked to abuse their positions etc. So I left my position, admittedly didn't work my notice but the store manager let this slide as I'm type 1 diabetic and it was severely destroying my blood sugars (and my body!!) due to stress.

The problem is, I LOVED my job, it was literally just the management and I wish I hadn't let them get to me the way they did!! I've been applying in nearby stores, but for some reason they keep rejecting me? It's a shame, because the hours will fit in so nicely with my college course in September.

I applied for my second local store this evening, had to make a new account because I couldn't remember the login details and my security question answers, however upon making the account, it seems like they merged them together and just changed the email address? Because all of my previous application rejections were still in my archive. I deleted all my archive messages, and I had applied for this store previously but they never responded to me. However, I just received an email saying I'd been rejected already!! But the application says it's under review still, and I haven't even received a confirmation saying they've received my application yet?

I'm now wondering if it is the old job that I applied for that they rejected me for, but the email has only just come through as I signed in again. The job titles don't match either but the website seems really dodgy to me.

Should I give the store a call tomorrow to double check they've received it? I don't want to sound desperate but I mean, I am haha. I honestly loved working there and made a terrible mistake leaving.

If anyone else has experienced a similar issue or knows a solution, can you please share any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
username3867346
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by naziak001)
i'm not going to lie even i'm really desperate for a job however each time i apply to primark they just seem to automatically reject me so i personally wouldn't worry too much may be you should try a different shop instead of primark. Also, may i ask how much does primark pay you per hour?
I currently have a job, I'm just looking for extra cash to pay off some bills, plus Primark hours would be suitable for my college course in September, my current job is 16 hours but require me to be fully flexible on all days which is fine up until September.

And it completely depends on your age and what store you work in, my pay was £6.49 per hour (18+) whilst over 21 was something like £7.21 or something (Don't quote me on that though).

My friend who recently left however said that the wages were going up to £7 something per hour for 18+ as well now. I don't know if that is true though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads